Followers

Thursday, 24 April 2014

Embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks

It’s been a long, long time since I have taken part in the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge but the card I made for a friends birthday fitted the challenge perfectly.  The requirement is to use embossing either dry or heat embossing.  I’ve used two different embossing folders and some stamps with co-ordinating die from Clearly Besotted.  It’s also been way too long since I have done any colouring and I found colouring in the flower image so relaxing and it makes me wonder why I don’t do it more often.  Some gems have been added for a little bling.  The little butterfly comes from an SU Embossilit set called Beautiful Wings which not only embosses the butterfly but also cuts it out too.  The inside of the card has a sentiment from SU and another of the stamped images.
DSCF3183DSCF3184

6 comments:

Annie said...

a beautiful card Linda, both inside and out! hope all is well with you and yours .. .. time flies by here with still so much to do! hopefully I'll see you in Bodmin for the craft fair next month.
hugs, annie x

Julie said...

That really is very beautiful, lucky friend who opened that on her special day.

cucki said...

Sweet x

Leanne said...

Oh wow, so happy you came to enter our challenge! This is awesome love the color and the details with the butterfly embossed too..nice touch, great job, awesome you even did the inside. Truly beautiful! Thanks for entering our Embossing Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT@4CC

Darnell J Knauss said...

Linda, this is such a beautiful springtime card! I love all the scallops and layers of embossing and the coloring is divine! I hope you get a chance to do more of it. Of, course, the inside is every bit as fabilicious as the outside!! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

I look at this card and feel all soothed and calm. Love the delicate colour of the spray and that you have put one inside the card as well. Trying to play catch up with everyone. hugs Mrs A.