Followers

Friday, 4 April 2014

Crown of Thorns–April challenge at Jenniebellies

Jenniebellies Workshop Journals has started a monthly challenge so I thought I would join in and get an art journal started using the challenges as inspiration.  This month's challenge is Messy Monochromatic.  Rather than go with black and white I thought I'd pick a colour that I don't often work with which is shades of purple. Next in my thought process was to try and find out some meanings or phrases that included the word purple.  I came across Mark 15:17 'And they clothed him with purple and platted a crown of thorns and put it about his head.'  With it being Easter this month I thought it was an appropriate verse to use and that is how my page started to evolve.
DSCF3160
I rummaged through my vast paper and card stack and picked out some that I knew I wouldn't mind tearing, inking and gluing   Next up was to find an image of a crown of thorns that was free and could easily be re-sized and cut out to go over the cross.  I've managed to use up letters from various alphabet sets which is always a bonus.  These have been coated with gesso before being inked with distress inks then embossed with clear embossing powder before stamping onto them with an archival ink pad (all ideas I picked up at Wednesday's tag workshop at Scrapbook Magic)  The page was finally finished off with the verse being added.  This was great fun to do and I'm already looking forward to next month's challenge.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow. That is very effective.

Julie said...

A very inspiring creation Linda.

Mrs A. said...

A very visual art page. Meaningful and inspiring. Perfect for Easter. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

very thought provoking Linda. x

Suzanne Bramble said...

This is really clever - it looks metallic, a great card for a male. I must be one of the few people who've not seen the programme! X

Suzanne Bramble said...

Whoops! Just realised that I misread the title - wondered why the post didn't make any sense to me - DUH!!! XX

Anne said...

Brilliant. Anne x