Followers

Sunday, 30 March 2014

There’s no place like home

Especially on Mother’s Day and also when you have all your children visit you during the day and you have all your grandchildren with you too.  It’s been a beautiful sunny day.  We visited both mums with their cards and presents this morning and then enjoyed time with our own children.  While David was here he helped Bryan and Ian in the garden and the right hand side of the garden has been dug over and a large planter installed.  The gooseberry bush has been put in the planter along with the rhubarb – hopefully we won’t have killed them by moving them.  I am going to get a blackcurrant bush to go in there as well so we should have lots of fruit for the summer months.  All we need now is another two tonne of gravel and a few more smaller planters.

While the men were hard at work us mums enjoyed seeing the grandchildren play together in the garden.  They had a lot of fun and so did Max chasing them to try and get the ball.  It’s not often I get a chance to have them altogether for a photo so this was very precious.  Logan unfortunately has tonsillitis so wasn’t able to join in quite as much as he would have liked.
DSCF3129
I’ve also been able to spend some time baking two lemon cakes, one for work and one for home.  While they were cooking this evening I have been able to finish off The Wizard of Oz.  I have thoroughly enjoyed stitching this one and very much enjoy the look of stitching over one – it is so delicate and neat.  The only minor downside to this stitch is that the pink and white on Dorothy doesn’t show up as much as I would like with my fabric choice, but I still love this piece.  I was checking when I started this and didn't realise I only started it at the beginning of the month so am really pleased to have had two finishes this month.
DSCF3140
So what will now take it’s stitching place?  I’m not sure yet. I haven't stitched a freebie chart yet this month so might challenge myself to stitch up something quick tomorrow or I might spend the next week working hard on the landscape and see if I can finally finish the top half of this before the end of April.

I hope you have enjoyed your Mother’s Day as much as I have.

5 comments:

Anne said...

It sounds as though you had a perfect day Linda. My eldest son arrived Sat with his family ( we should have gone there but my knee and the bereavement changed our plans) Our younger son & family came to visit as well. We then went out for tea. Me in wheelchair :-) felt strange but good to go out. Then on Sunday younger son and family came with homemade cakes and we had coffee and cake. I had some lovely gifts. Anne x
PS love the stitching.

cucki said...

Aww sweet stitches...
Huge hugs x

Kate said...

Such a terrific Mother's Day for you!

Darnell J Knauss said...

YAY, I've had a lovely visit and had to stop here because I remember when you started Oz. It's looks so great, Linda!! And so do those babies! How wonderful to have all those cousins so close in age and watch them play together! Happy Belated Mother's Day! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell (PS loved the wedding card, too!!)

Julie said...

Having a blog catch up read after my little break at the seaside.... super pic of your grandchildren all together. I hope Logan is fully recovered now.