Followers

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Out and about

I have spent an enjoyable day just out and about at a few of my favourite shopping places.  A sign that I am getting older I think is the fact that I now enjoy going round garden centres.  I’ve been to two today and picked up a small selection of plants to go into the raised beds DH made for me in January and some to go out in our front garden.  Lunch was enjoyed at Otter Nurseries while afternoon tea was at Endsleigh Garden Centre.
DSCF3065
I’ve also popped into Dunelm Mill and picked up these three canvas pictures for £4.99 – I didn’t get them because I particularly like the designs but with the intention of altering them with designs of my own.  It worked out cheaper buying them like this than it did to buy blank canvasses.  Not sure when I will alter them but I have a few ideas muddling around in my brain and might make a start on just putting a coat of gesso on them tomorrow.
DSCF3064
I also popped into Hobbycraft which is just next door to Dunelm Mill and picked up some of Sheena Douglas’s embossing folders as they had an offer of 3 for 2 and some other embossing folders that came in packs of two for £5.  I also called into The Range and picked up the Pac O Mac for Max our dog but it’s too big for him so I shall have to go back in the week and exchange if for a smaller size.  He had outgrown the coat we first bought him and I hadn’t seen anything I liked up until now.  This will be great to take away on our holidays and put in our walking rucksack with our own waterproofs.
DSCF3066
Talking of holidays I have booked us a few days away in a nice little cottage in April to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.  We have a weekend dining train experience to go on the weekend before our anniversary and then three nights in this cottage.  Come rain or shine it will be a wonderful way to celebrate.  It’s so nice when you can find somewhere that readily accepts our fur baby.

5 comments:

Karen K said...

Oh wow 30 years....can you remind me of the date so I can send you a card x cottage looks lovely as do the flowers. Www.equafleece do fabulous dog coats, totally waterproof and snug, swear by them for Barney x

K

Mrs A. said...

I managed to pick up a Helllebore during the week , a nice pink one which I have now planted out and several packets of wild garden seeds especially for bees. Sounds like you did the ounces of all the most important shops!
Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

You have had a busy day Linda,very pretty plants. Great cavassas.
Great rain coat for your fur baby.
Sue

Suzanne Bramble said...

Oh, I love a mooch around a garden centre. It got to the stage when my children refused to go anymore. Fortunately, I can now leave them behind! Your plants look lovely - spring is finally here it seems...XX

Julie said...

Garden centre wandering is so therapeutic, I think looking at all the plants it like looking in a box full of threads .... sheer pleasure!
Your holiday place looks so nice and cosy, hope you have a wonderful time.
We're awat beginning of April too for a few days, although we'll have Miss Grandaughter with us for a couple of days so not a quiet time! lol