Followers

Thursday, 6 March 2014

More Tags & Techniques

I went down to Scrapbook Magic yesterday for another Tags & Techniques workshop with the fun and lovely Margaret.  We worked with TH Distress Re-Inkers, Distress Stains, Crackle Paint and had a lot of fun getting inky.  I’ve not used re-inkers before so got to see how they could be used for more things than just re-inking your ink pads.  We even made our own custom ink pad which is how the rose tag was made – a technique I’d not done before but one I think will prove very useful for future projects.  The tags need to have their ribbons attached and I want to add some words to a couple of the tags to finish them off completely.  It was a great day and lots of my stamps that had never seen ink before finally got some love too.  I’m already looking forward to the next tag workshop in April, although I’ve got a mixed media canvas workshop to look forward to before then.
DSCF3062
I have also joined Jennibellie’s  Journal Workshops and signed up to her free class Inspiration Station – more details can be found on my sidebar.  I’m hoping that more of my stash will get used during the course and looking forward to getting to know more crafters on the forum too. 

Well done to those of you that guessed my new stitch is The Wizard of Oz - I bought the pattern from The Little Stitcher and it is proving to be a fun little stitch.

3 comments:

Julie said...

You've been creating some wonderful tags at the workshop Linda, they are lovely.

Justine said...

Gorgeous tags! I can't papercraft but was eyeing some stuff up in the art shop this morning. I think I will have to treat myself to the Wizard of Oz stitch, it's so pretty.

catherine said...

These look fabulous tags Linda and glad you enjoyed the workshop. Thanks for the link to the journal class and I will have a look at it.
x catherine