Followers

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

It’s a film, four words

I’ve managed to stitch the first character of my new stitch.  It’s from one of my all time favourite films – can you guess which one it is? The original was stitched on 32 count cream linen but I’m trying to use up my fabric stash so I am stitching it onto 20 count aida in Peach Sorbet from The Crafty Kitten.  It also means I am stitching with one thread over one so it is coming out much smaller than the original chart, but I think it’s adding to it’s whimsy look.  I’m really enjoying this and don’t think it will take me too long to complete it.
DSCF3061

5 comments:

Justine said...

One of my favourite films as well! Cute stitching. I love your fabric choice.

Julie said...

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz....follow follow follow follow, follow the yellow brick road....guess what's stuck in my head now!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, it sure looks to me like my Mister's favorite movie of all time, too: The Wizard of Oz! Yes?

You talked about Elisha's energy, but you do always seem so full of energy, too, Linda, so I suspect she gets it from you!

I'm sorry I've been just the worst bloggie friend and not been around for a cuppa and visit in way too long. OTOH, I sure had a lovely visit just now catching up with what you've been doing.

Great stitching, as always, and I adore those Easter egg treat bags!! The photos are always enjoyable and I especially loved those hot pink wellies of yours! So glad you are finally getting more sunny days! Hugs, Darnell

SoCal Debbie said...

It's my favorite movie of all time, too! I'm going to buy a new Wizard of Oz chart very very soon! Where is your chart from?

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh nevermind! That's exactly the same chart I'm going to buy... any day now! No wonder it looked familiar!