I’ve finally made a start on altering one of the canvasses I picked up at Dunelm Mill a couple of weeks ago. It’s still very much a work in progress as time this week has been limited. Initially I tore up some tissue paper to edge the frame (the paper came wrapped around a cross stitch kit that I received months ago so a bit of recycling there). The background paper is from a retired SU paper pack which was torn and distress inks added to the edges. The only other thing I have done to the canvass is added some Snow – Tex paste using stencils. I think I prefer the smooth paste but had to go with what I had to hand but hoping to pick some of the smooth paste up at my next visit to Scrapbook Magic.
I was going through my crafting stash on Sunday and came across my Twinkling H2O’s which I think I will use to paint over the stencilled areas to bring a bit of shimmer to the picture. It's been a long time since I've used them and I'm sure they have been feeling very neglected. I also came across some lovely lace which my mum gave me so I think that will also be added somewhere for more texture. I am awaiting the arrival of some die cuts which I was very naughty and ordered on Tuesday – they are of fairies so I’m hoping to give this picture an enchanted feel.
I’ve not managed to get any stitching done this week but hoping to get some time over the weekend to get a few stitches in. March’s Daffodils chart has arrived so I might make a start on that one as I have all but two of the threads required – so much I want to do and not enough time.