Followers

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

A host of golden daffodils


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze. William Wordsworth






DSCF3111
Most mornings I take Max for a walk along by the creek which is just a short distance from our house and at this time of year between the undergrowth there is always a huge variety of beautiful daffodils growing.  This is a sure sign that Spring is on it’s way.

March’s Daffodils is coming along nicely.  I was able to do some more this afternoon and have almost completed half of this months picture.  It looks like I should get it completed by the end of the month.  I must make a start on turning them into blocks to make into a quilted book so that I don’t have to do that all in one go.  I’ve picked out the fabric for January’s Snowdrop and I have in mind the fabric for this month but I am still undecided for February’s Primrose.
DSCF3114
Lots to look forward to at the weekend as I have the Exeter crop to go to on Saturday – hoping to finish a few projects that I started earlier in the year.  Friday we have some more gravel and timber arriving so I am hoping the DH and DS2 will be making me some more raised beds on Saturday while I am at the crop.  Fingers crossed the weather will be dry on Sunday and I can get out and fill up some of the planters with the honeysuckle, jasmine and sweet pea plants that have been bought ready for them.  I also picked up some sweet heather which had a yellow tinge to it today while out with mum to go in the front garden alongside the pink one we already have there.  I also have some poached egg plant seeds to go in the front garden which should give us some nice ground cover and hopefully cut down on the weeding in future years.  Lots of work to be done still in the garden before I can consider it to be looking respectable but we are slowly but surely getting there.

2 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful x

catherine said...

We have daffodils coming in our garden too Linda now although the weather is wet here so not much like spring!!
Have a good time at your crop and hope the weather is good for your gardening plans
x catherine