Followers

Monday, 17 February 2014

Weekend highlights

The sun came out for the weekend.  Saturday morning we managed to get out for a nice walk along the creek with Max.  Unfortunately we only managed to get about two thirds round when it started to rain.  We took shelter under a tree (thankfully the gale force winds of the previous day had gone away) and while we were waiting for the shower to pass we were lucky enough to capture this beautiful rainbow.
"Like the appearance of a RAINBOW in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord . . . " (Ezekiel 1:26-28)
WP_20140215_001[1]
A couple of weeks ago I helped a friend of mine at her grand daughters 13th birthday party.  I didn’t really do a lot except cut up lots of pizza and help tidy up but her daughter kindly bought me some daffodils as a thank you.  When I received them they were only buds but over the weekend they came out in bloom and lit up my kitchen.
DSCF3013
Saturday afternoon I was able to spend a few hours in our conservatory enjoying the sunshine and listening to the rain showers every now and then too LOL.  It also gave me the opportunity to make a start on February’s Primrose from the My Garden Journal series.  This is where I left if Saturday evening.
DSCF3017
Sunday was a lovely sunny day – no showers until the evening.  We were able to get out and do some tidying up in the garden which was really nice.  I made sweet potato and pepper soup for lunch and it was delicious.
DSCF3016
Another afternoon was spent stitching in the conservatory and by Sunday evening I had managed to finish February’s Primrose.  They are lovely to stitch – providing you place the stitches in the correct holes!  I spent quite a bit of Sunday afternoon frogging the border on the left hand side.  Thankfully Sunday evening it all fell into place and I was able to add this to my list of finishes.
DSCF3018
Well my week off work has gone far too quickly – it’s back to work for me today – sadly no lottery win over the weekend.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful photo of the rainbow, Linda - a promise that the wicked weather will disappear. :)

Saxo Stamper said...

All beautiful Linda, love the stitching, it looks so elegant.

K x

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! How nice that you got a photo of a rainbow. The flowers are wonderful!

Julie said...

Feb's primrose is a vey pretty finish as are your daffodils. I've had a bunch in the house for the past 3 weeks, must keep reminding myself that this awful weather will soon be gone and the spring sunshine will be coming.
How lovely to enjoy a wander in the little respite we have had from the rain. Yummy looking soup...

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your cross-stitching project looks great!!! I used to love all kinds of embroidery, until I discovered stamping, lol! LOVE the daffodils - yellow flowers are my favorites!

Have a fabby week! :D

Diane said...

Wonderful pictures Linda, the walk sounds like a lot of fun. Your stitching is very pretty.

Hugs Diane

Mrs A. said...

Your February embroidery looks lovely. Such true words too. We managed to go out to some gardens on Sunday which are near by. They only open in February every year to show off the Snow drops that naturalise amongst their wooded areas. They are a brilliant display this year dispite or maybe because of the extra wet weather we have had. hugs Mrs a.

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a lovely photo diary to share with us, Linda! I thoroughly enjoyed myself, especially the rainbow and the finished stitchwork!! Well done! Hugs, Darnell