Followers

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

More Valentine treats

These are the treats I made last night and will be for my group of crafting friends – we are meeting tonight at Moya’s house for some crafting fun.  There are a couple of extra ones for members of my household.  I’ve used a Sizzix die to cut out the treat bag and then used a couple of SU heart dies to cut out the centre of the front of the treat bag and added some acetate behind the heart so that the chocolate treats can be seen.  The acetate came from the packaging that came from a shower curtain my daughter bought while we were out yesterday so a great bit of recycling.  I finished the bags off with some ribbon and a ticket stamp from SU.
DSCF3010
I braved the elements today and drove down to Mullion for the Graphic 45 workshop – it was a very wet, wild and windy drive down but was worth the effort.  Great fun was had at the workshop and one of the ladies also brought in some delicious fruit cake to go with our cup of warming coffee.  I have made the album but the inside pages need to be decorated which I will hopefully get round to tomorrow so will post a photo of it once it has been fully completed.

The return journey was much better until I got to near Liskeard and had to take a diversion as there had been an accident at Tideford.  It had been nice and sunny up until that point.  After that it was a slower drive home where it rained heavily, lightening could be seen and by the time I got to Carkeel it looked as though it had been snowing so I had obviously missed a hailstorm.  Not sure what the weather has in store for us tomorrow but I’m not planning on going very far as there is plenty to keep me occupied at home.  Wherever you are I hope you keep safe and well.

2 comments:

Annie said...

fabulous chocolate boxes Linda! I would like to know more about the workshops in Mullion - perhaps I could get to go sometime?
hugs, annie x

Julie said...

Wonderful valentine treats, I bet they were well received.