Followers

Friday, 28 February 2014

Bird House


At the end of January I went to the craft show at Westpoint and one of the stalls I kept going back to was The House of Zandra.  On their stall there was a lovely display of handmade items made using their range of templates, stamps and papers.   I bought a couple of the templates and a couple of stamps and then remembered that I had also bought a couple of their templates last September which I have to confess I hadn’t yet used.  I decided to rectify that last weekend and made this cute little birdhouse which was one of the ones from last years show.  The cardstock is SU’s Crumb Cake and I used the SU Hardwood stamp  and Baked Brown Sugar ink to make it look like a wood built house.  The roof was decorated using strips of scrap paper from the tag holder and cut out with SU’s scallop punch.  The roses were made sometime back while making another project and obviously waiting for the next suitable project – I knew they would come in handy one day.  The bird is an SU punch too and I have stuck this onto a cocktail stick and then pushed it into the roof to give it a bit more stability.
DSCF3037
I’m hoping this weekend I will be able to get to play with another one of their templates.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Linda, your birdhouse is so cute!!

Julie said...

Very impressive, you are so talented Linda, I love it!