Followers

Friday, 17 January 2014

The Card Concept–colour challenge

It’s been a while since I have taken part in any challenges and as The Card Concept is a completely new challenge blog I thought I would join the kick off party.  I think this one counts as a Clean & Layering.  A freebie embossing folder was used on some SU Very Vanilla cardstock as the background to the card.  I found the Kraft corrugated frames while looking for something else the other day so thought they would provide a ledge for the cute owl from Clearly Besotted stamps to rest on.  The stamp set has a coordinating die to make which is just perfect and the stamp set has several cute sweet sentiments. 
DSCF2922

10 comments:

Sue said...

I love owls,gorgeous card Linda :)

Julie said...

That one looks really sophisticated with the embossed white card, beautiful

Karen K said...

It's gorgeous Linda and doing the challenges does make you sit and think and actually produce a card. I haven't done any since my effort over the Xmas Holiday.

K x

Lin said...

So cute! Love your design, Linda!

Teresa Kline said...

hey Linda, this is darlin....I luv the sweet owl....so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

sparkle & shine *~*

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a sweet card! I just love owls at the moment and I love how you've used him/her with your clean style! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Deanna Dean said...

So cute. I love the added texture and what a sweet sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Geri said...

Okay...this is just toooo dang darling! I absolutely love the texture on your card!!! And those colors rock! Fabulously clean & layered, beautifully designed, pefectly balanced, and a fine, fine example of precision stamping!

Thanks for joining us at the first every Card Concept Challenge! If you love texture (and I'm quite sure you do) then you likely won't want to miss the next challenge...just sayin'...

Mrs A. said...

Love the splash of pink against the kraft card and that is one cute owl too. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm late getting around to my faves in the gallery at the new CCC and I had to come by and let you know that I thought your adorable owl "valentine" set on the corrugated cardboard was a real standout, Linda! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell