Followers

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Lots of confetti

It might not look as though I’ve done much stitching on the landscape but I have spent several enjoyable hours adding lots of different colours to it – the area I’m concentrating on has lots of confetti stitching.  I’m hoping to get the top windows completed this week and then finish the last arch.  The top half will then be complete and I can move onto the bottom half where there is a lot more blocks of single colour.  Should I set myself a target date to get it finished by?  Or will that take away the enjoyment of working on the piece?
DSCF2907
As I went outside this morning to take Max for his walk I noticed that we have some of our Spring flowers starting to make an appearance.  I was only wishing for Spring to roll on the other day and it appears to have heard me.
DSCF2905
I had to collect a parcel from the sorting office today – my brother had given me an Amazon gift voucher for Christmas so I ordered myself some new crafting books and a light read.  I loved the looked of the Quick to Sew country designs and I wasn’t disappointed with it – lots of inspiration and they appear simple enough for me to be able to have a go at.  While I was in town with Colette last week she kept picking up rag dolls with Savannah in mind so the Simple Cloth Daisy Dolls seemed like a good idea – hopefully I will get one completed before she has grown out of playing with dolls.  The Christmas chart booklet says quick and easy so I will put that to the test this month and see how long one of the designs does actually take to complete.  Finally I ordered a book by Amy Silver – I’d already read one of her books last year which came free with a craft magazine and really enjoyed it so thought I would see what this one was like.  An easy to pick up and put down book for me to take into work and read during my breaks.
DSCF2906
Crafting with friends this evening.  We have decided to hold our own weekly Christmas card challenge at our little meetings to help us get our Christmas cards made throughout the year.  Moya has challenged us to use a set of her Christmas stamps so it will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.   We will all use our own craft materials so there should be plenty of variety as we all have different styles.  Must go and get my crafting pieces ready for the fun – I will also take along the 7 Virtues stitching to work on once the card is completed.

2 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

If you are enjoying your stitching at the moment then I say just go with the flow, no pressure :)

Julie said...

Enjoy the process and watching your window develop, I find it only pressurises me if I have a dealine date.
Nice new stash of reading and crafting books you chose.