Followers

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Done!

On Friday morning I started stitching the January’s Snowdrop from the My Garden Journal series.  Here is the progress I had made by the end of day on Friday
DSCF2944
On Saturday I went to the Exeter Scrapaholics crop and had a lovely time shuffling bits of paper and even completing a layout which I will post later.  Lots of fun and chatter as always with the lovely group of ladies.  I even made a start on a mini album to record DH’s 50th birthday trip we had back in December.

When I got home I put some more stitches into January’s Snowdrop and this is how far I got by the end of Saturday evening.
DSCF2945
Rain, rain and more rain today so after paying a visit to my parents for breakfast and an afternoon cup of coffee and a game of Rumikub with mother-in-law I picked up my needle once more and am extremely happy to report that January’s Snowdrop is complete.  I stitched it using DMC threads only because I was able to obtain the threads locally from Hobbycraft.  I would normally like to go with the speciality threads but I was keen to make a start.  It has been a real pleasure to stitch and I am already looking forward to working on February’s Primrose next month.  If anyone has considered stitching this then I would highly recommend it.
DSCF2946
All in all a good weekends work and I have another finish to add to my side bar!  If anyone would like to stitch this then I am looking to give it away to a good home - just leave me a comment and if there is more than one person wanting the pattern then I will put the names in a hat and pick out the winner that way.  I'll give everyone until the 31st January and if you want to post this giveaway on your blog then please feel free to do so.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Such a beautiful piece, Linda!

Natasha said...

Wow! you really cranked that one out quickly.Looks great too :) You know I would love to stitch this, so yes please add me.
Thank you

Emma/Itzy said...

Wow you made great progress this weekend! well done :)

Suzanne Bramble said...

That embroidery is so pretty, I love snowdrops. I also really like how it looks on the natural fabric. XX

Julie said...

You have been stitching up a storm this weekend Linda, it looks beautiful, well done.

Anne said...

That is really lovely. I just wish I had time to try for myself. Anne x

Terri said...

I would love to stitch this as well! Your work is beautiful! Please add me.

Thanks!

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm always amazed at how quickly you stitch, I'm convinced that somehow you get more hours in your days than I do !!! You always seem to achieve so much.

This is gorgeous, I too am waiting to see your February project.

luv
wynneth
x