Followers

Sunday, 10 November 2013

One down–three to go

I have finally finished the stitching on Connor’s Christmas stocking.  All I have to do now is actually make it into a stocking.  I will see what fabric I have in my stash first to see if there is anything suitable – if not it could be a trip out to Tavistock next week.  It will be put away once finished until I have completed one for Elisha so sadly I won’t be able to give it to Connor this year.  I can’t give one without the other.
DSCF2708
The sun has been shining today so we have been able to get out and sweep up the leaves that have fallen off the trees which line our street.  We will be doing this for the next few weeks no doubt as there are still plenty of leaves left on the tree outside our house.  The weeds that have been emerging over the past few weeks during the wet spell were also cleared before lunch.

After lunch was when I was able to finish the stocking and this evening once I have watched Strictly I think it might be good idea to put some make and takes together for my SU Open House event which is next weekend - it seems to be coming round really quickly now.

11 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Congratulations! This looks amamzing! Stockings are on my "to stitch" list along with sooo many other things. Well done. I enjoyed the sunshine today, I was able to get out and go for a run for the first time in ages!

Kate said...

That's a beautiful stocking for Connor. I look forward to seeing what design you choose for Elisha.
You're making heirlooms for them.

My name is Wynneth said...

What a wonderful job you've done with this stocking, I'm sure Connor will treasure it - and even pass it on to his children in the future ! Such a lot of hard work, good luck with making the second one.

Lots of work for you to get your make and take kits ready ! I so wish I was going to be around, but I will enjoy my workshop at Snazzy's !

luv
wynneth
x

Anne said...

Hi it's lovely to see it finished - it's gorgeous. Treasured forever. X

Darnell J Knauss said...

Hurray, Linda!! Well done!! It's been fascinating to watch the progress! Good luck with the make-and-takes. I'm sure they'll be a huge hit!! Hugs, Darnell

cucki said...

Aww so pretty..well done dear
Hugs x

Karen K said...

Linda

This is beautiful, what a lot of love has gone into this for Connor, I am sure he will treasure it.

K xx

Julie said...

Fabulous Linda, I have so enjoyed our SAL this year with the stockings. I think i'll be doing another next year, so maybe we could do it again?

Lucy Gregg said...

This is amazing Linda - So beautiful he'll love it x

catherine said...

Your stocking looks fabulous Linda and well done on finishing it this year. Mine is on track but has had to step back this week as it has been a bit of a knit-athon with a certain Pudsey bear!!!
x catherine

Annie said...

stunning stocking Linda! I made one each for the boys when they were little, and also for my nephew and niece too, but they were just cross stitched cuffs then fabric for the stocking. The whole stocking must have been a labour of love - but so worth it!
hugs, annie x