Followers

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Tea by the sea

Well this photo has taken a few years to finally get put on a LO.  I think Connor was only about 13 months old in this picture – he’s now 6 1/2 years old!  All I can remember is that we all went to Paignton on a bank holiday in May.  It was one of those rare days when we were together will all of our children and while it was a rather overcast day at the beach it was just nice having their company for a few hours.  We’d taken a walk along the sea front and stopped for a warming cup of tea – Connor decided he wanted to share Granddad’s when it had cooled down.  I also remember us having to take shelter from a rain shower in the amusement arcades on Paignton Pier.
DSCF2680
I managed to get this LO together at the Exeter crop yesterday using the monthly kit.  This month in the kit was some Gesso.  I’d put some masking tape onto the cardstock in certain areas and then painted over with the gesso and when this had dried added some blue ink mixed with the gesso.  Although it doesn’t show very well in this photo I also used SU’s The Open Sea stamp set.  The banners were created using the SU Banner punch and I also used a Martha Stewart circle punch.  The embellishments include a pinwheel which was created using a Sizzlets pinwheel die from SU which is currently in their clearance rack, some bakers twine and a few pearls.
It was a fun day at the crop although not overly productive as I only managed to get this LO and an 8 x 8 page completed for Logan and Savannahs album which is now up to date.  As that is now up to date I guess I need to start taking some more photos of them for next months crop.

4 comments:

cucki said...

It is so cute x

catherine said...

A great paqe Linda and very creative with the gesso.
x catherine

Julie said...

A lovely page, with such lovely memories of the day when it was taken.

Anne said...

A lovely page Linda and better late than never. Anne x