Followers

Sunday, 13 October 2013

Stocking SAL update

I haven’t worked on the Christmas stocking for the past three Fridays for various reasons so it was nice to finally get some more stitches put into this design.  I am hopeful that just a few more Fridays and it the stitching part will at least be finished.  I’ve put the picture of the finished design by the side of my stitching so you can see just how little is left to do.  Fingers crossed I can get it completed before the end of October and then the finishing completed in November once I have decided on the backing material.  As it’s my intention to fill the stocking each year I also need to give it a lining so that the inside stitching is protected.  It will be put away for at least another year as I have to get a stocking stitched for Elisha before I can give this to Connor.

DSCF2667

7 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Its looking really great Linda!

Kate said...

Linda, that's a lot of work but will be so worth it. I look forward to seeing what design you make for Elisha.

Julie said...

Looking magnificent Linda, I'll be lining mine too.

cucki said...

Wow it's looking so lovely x

Saxo Stamper said...

Nearly there now Linda. It's looking great

K x x

catherine said...

This is looking fabulous Linda. You have made such good progress. I am doing ok with mine and must take a recent pic of it
x catherine

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, my gosh, Linda, you have come a long way since I saw this last! It is stunning!! I know you will meet your goals!! Hugs, Darnell