Followers

Thursday, 10 October 2013

Burlap Canvas

Yesterday I had a trip down to Scrapbook Magic for a workshop with my friend Moya.  The lovely Margaret who owns this crafting haven had prepared an altered burlap canvas for us to make.  The papers are from Graphic 45’s Olde Curiosity Shoppe range and once we had inked the canvas and cut out the two large postage die pieces of paper it was left to us how we wanted to decorate the rest of the canvas.  Margaret’s canvas had been created in portrait but I decided to do mine landscape.  Lots of fussy cutting, pretty embellishments and the addition of glossy accents and it was complete – I really like it.  I liked it so much I have bought two smaller canvasses and am going to use the leftovers from the papers (and a couple of extras that dropped into my shopping basket) and decorate them to go either side of this one.  My very own tryptich.
DSCF2663
Next months workshop that I am going to will be to decorate a sleigh – already looking forward to that one very much.

7 comments:

cucki said...

wow so beautiful x

Mrs A. said...

That looks good and sounds like you had fun withal the sticking and gluing part! The sleigh will be interesting to see. hugs Mrs a.

country girl said...

Wow Linda your canvas is really great
Love it
Chris

Julie said...

You are so creative Linda, what fun you must have had making this beauty.

Karen K said...

Wow, this is great, just beautiful.

K x

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Linda. Love the curiosity shoppe papers
x catherine

Kate said...

Your canvas is lovely!