Followers

Saturday, 28 September 2013

Paper packaging

Whenever I place an order with SU you can guarantee that the products come well packaged with lots of brown paper.  Most of the time I have to confess I have just put it in the recycling bin but this time I decided to try and make use of some of it.  The end result was a garland to go across the beam that once used to be the dividing wall between our kitchen and our dining room.  The dining room has a large range of units which houses most of my crafting stash and it is the dining table that I work on most of the time.  I thought it would be nice to have this garland hanging up to define ‘my space’.
DSCF2647DSCF2648DSCF2649

The ‘flowers’ were created using just two strips of the brown paper and I folded them in a concertina effect, tied them round the middle with some bakers twine and rounded the edges with scissors.   I then teased the strips apart to make the flower which reminds me of a sunflower.  I’ve cut out a different coloured scalloped circle from SU’s Bold Brights paper pack, added a white circle and then cut out the letters using the Cricut and Storybook cartridge.

DSCF2645DSCF2651
It’s been a pretty miserable day today so putting this up brought a little bit cheeriness to the day.

9 comments:

Sammy said...

What a lovely idea! And yes, they do have that sunflower look about them... Especially the one with the yellow. I really like this! x

Kate said...

What a clever idea and it looks so lovely! Well done.

Suzanne Bramble said...

What a great idea, the flowers are really pretty and look perfect on the beam - I rather like brown paper, for a few years I wrapped all my Christmas presents with it and tied them with gingham ribbon.
XX

Darnell J Knauss said...

Okay, seriously? Shut up! This needs to go in some Garland Hall of Fame somewhere, Linda! And to make it out of that SU! brown paper is just genius! It might be a while, but can I post this on my blog? Let me know when you get a chance. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

cucki said...

Lovely ❤️❤️❤️

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful Linda. I have tried several times to leave comments it for some easy they keep failing,

It's really pretty

K x x x

Lesley said...

Really lovely,great crafting.

Mrs A. said...

Your a girl after my own heart. Clever to reuse the brown paper packaging. Perhaps I'd better order some SU products if its going free!!!!! Super sunflowers BTW. Hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

Very attractive and so inventive, you clever lady, I love it! I bet it brings a smile to your face everytime you look at it... its marvellous, well done.


p.s. I finished stitching my stocking, will take a pic and try and get a blog post done this week.