Followers

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Curtain Call Challenge–Back to School

With capital letters all over the place in my blog title perhaps that’s where I should go!  I’ve kept the card very simple for the Curtain Call challenge but it has enabled me to use up a scrap of SU paper that has been on my workspace all week – the paper was double sided.  The image is a Whiff of Joy and I have coloured it in with my Copics.  I haven’t added a sentiment to the card as I thought it could also be used as a young boys birthday card as well as a back to school card – keeping my options open.
DSCF2594
Friday I called round and saw Colette, Logan and Savannah who were all really pleased to see me.  Logan has a place at nursery starting next Friday for two afternoons a week and he is really looking forward to that.  It will be nice for Colette to have time with just Savannah each week.
Friday evening we went out for drinks and a meal with my BIL and his girlfriend and we had a really nice time.  We met up late afternoon – about four, enjoyed some cocktails first and then some food and then went home – we were back home by nine.  It felt better doing it that way round rather than eating at 8 or 9 in the evening.
Yesterday I managed to get the inside of the advent calendars made and today I have been punching out the doors.  I finally managed to pick up some Hershey’s Kisses on Friday to go in them.  I only bought a couple of packs to try them out and see how many were in a pack.  I’m now on the lookout to buy bigger bags of them as altogether I will need at least 350 kisses – I’ve found a couple of places on line where even with the postage it works out better value than buying them from the shop in town.  I’m hoping the calendars will be all finished (apart from the chocolates) by the end of the week.  My next production line project is making Halloween coffins.
Hope you’ve been having a fun weekend too.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet ...
Hugs x

Stacey Schafer said...

how cool!

My name is Wynneth said...

Love your back to school card Linda, that is such a sweet image. Sounds like you had a nice time on Friday, cocktails are always good to include LOL ! Well done on getting so well ahead with your advent calendar production line. I did think the price per bag of the Kisses was a lot, but if you couldn't get them elsewhere, I guess it may be an option. I just know they come in huge bags in the US, if there's room/weight left I might sneak in a bag as I have an AC to fill too !

luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Hope Logan enjoys nursery.
You are so busy, I've tried the kisses, I was sent a little packet from the USA in a parcel a long time ago.
Lovely card.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute Back to School creation! Thanks so much for playing along with The Curtain Call!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card. Love the image and the coloring. The paper looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

Mrs A. said...

Your production line of Halloween coffins sounds intriguing!! I made just one last year for a swap and that took ages as I made the box shape up myself from cardboard.
Shall watch yours with bated breath!! Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a great card, Linda! Perfect for the back-to-school challenge, but as you say, it could easily be a young man's birthday card, too. Great coloring!

Excellent job on the calendars! 350 kisses is A LOT! And then if I were you, I'd be having one for every two, so how many more bags is that then?!