Followers

Saturday, 14 September 2013

A new discovery

Yesterday I took my friends Allie, Jacqueline and Jane down to a little place called The Dragonfly Tearooms.  I’d picked up a postcard advertising them when we went to the Mad Hatters Tea party back in July.  It’s in a wonderful setting in the country and while not very big kept us entertained for quite a few hours.  The owner Sue made us all very welcome and when we arrived we had a quick look around at the items Sue had made and the items that she had for sale.  We sat outside the tearooms and had coffee and cake while looking at the workshops that Sue has coming up in the future.
DSCF2601DSCF2602DSCF2606
We then went and had another look around the little shop, I bought a couple of fat quarters in autumn colours and a two of packets of buttons.  I also bought a hanging bird decoration – there were so many lovely handmade items to look at and we were very inspired. 

DSCF2604DSCF2608
Jacqueline and I decided to book ourselves onto a workshop in October on how to make  a lovely drawstring craft bag.  We are both looking forward to learning how to make it – we’ve just got to decide now whether to use up some of the fat quarters that we already have in our stash or whether to buy some new fabrics for the project instead LOL.

DSCF2599DSCF2600
Another cup of coffee/tea and more chatting and admiring this little gem of a place and then it was time to head home.
DSCF2603DSCF2605

9 comments:

catherine said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time in the new shop with your friends Linda. I'm sure you will love the workshop you have booked on too. Still going with my stocking and must post a pic for you soon!!
x catherine

cucki said...

Wow everything is super sweet❤❤❤
I love sweet hearts and birds so much x

Christine said...

Wow! I have definitely got to check that place out. Thanks for the recommendation

Lesley said...

What a lovely place to have coffee and browse

Kate said...

Sounds delightful, Linda. I loved the photos .... wish I could check it out in person.

Mrs A. said...

I want that Basset hound!!! Looks like a great shop to spend/loose lots of time in. There is always room for fat qtrs. buy some more you know you really want to!! Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Sounds wonderful - my sort of place for sure. Have you decided re the fabric yet? :-) Anne x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh booo ! Fancy having such a fab day out without me, we never seem to do anything exciting when I'm around LOL. When in oct is your workshop ? I'm sure it will be when I'm not there of course !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Julie said...

Looks an amazing place.