Followers

Monday, 26 August 2013

Sketch Saturday #273

I’m using up the last of the scraps from the last two cards I have made in the past week.  I decided to play along with the sketch on the Sketch Saturday challenge blog but I have rotated it to fit with idea I had for my card.  I’ve used a couple of SU stamps sets and kept it fairly simple. 
DSCF2580

This card has now been put away for our granddaughter Elisha who will be four on Friday – soon to start school in September.  Next week though she has to spend possibly a week in hospital while they ‘detox’ her body and work out her carb intake and her insulin needs.  The past few weeks have seen a lot of highs and lows, coupled with night tremors which are of great concern to all.  Fingers crossed they can work out more of a plan to enable her to get through her school years without too much disturbance.

Also last night I made a start on the mass production of Christmas advent calendars – it took me two hours to get the bases ready, there was a lot of cutting, scoring and taping together, but I have eleven more ready for the next stage.  I have at least 15 to make of which I have completed  four of so far.  I may work on the dividing sections tonight but then again I might just get distracted by the tennis as the US Open has started today.

4 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet..
Hugs x

Julie said...

Oh Linda, you must all be o ortiedabout Elisha, I hope all goes fine at the hospital and she is soon more stable and able. To enjoy her time t school.

Looking forward to seeing your advent calendars, sounds fun.

Niki Rowland said...

Cute card, love the colours and the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Mrs A. said...

Don't mention advent calendars to me!!! Last year I was asked to make another two of my cloth advent ones and as it was a year away blithely said ok. Bought the backing cloth and Christmas material for the little pockets but now realise I actually need to start making them if they are to be in time for end of November delivery!! Hugs Mrs A.