Followers

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Seize the sketch #1

I find sketches probably one of the best sources of inspiration so I was really pleased to come across the new Seize the Sketch challenge blog and thought I’d join in with the fun.  I also needed a get well card for a friend of ours who is having an operation today.  I’ve used my rainbow and cloud L’il Inker die cut set to make the focal point of the card.  The rainbow was cut out of white card which I coloured with Copics and then I cut another rainbow out in black to make the colours of the rainbow pop more.  The background card was embossed with the SU clouds embossing folder and the sentiment came from an Avocado Arts stamp set.
DSCF2539
The weekend is fast approaching and I am helping DH out at the Plymouth Model Railway exhibition being held on Saturday and Sunday at The Guildhall in Plymouth.  I’ve been delegated the task of making sure the water urn, tea, coffee and biscuit supplies are kept topped up for the exhibitors rest room.  Not a particularly demanding job but it will be quite solitary at times which provides me with the ideal opportunity to sit and stitch all weekend – ideal!  I have a secret project I am working on at the moment which will hopefully get finished and once the item has been given to the recipient all will be revealed.  I also must crack on with the teddy sampler as this month is flying by already.

15 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet x

Julie said...

A beautiful get well card for your friend, I hope they are soon well on the road to recovery after their operation.

Have fun at the weekend!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the embossing in the background and the rainbow. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Karen K said...

wow, this is really impressive, love the bold colours against the black and white.

Enjoy your quiet stitching weekend - hope you manage to get loads done.

K xx

catherine said...

Such a fun card Linda and must have a look at this new sketch challenge. have put some more stitches into the stocking - feel like I'm heading for a gold star(lol)
x catherine

stempelomi said...

I love your take on the sketch!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card. I love the clean look. I missed out on the embossing folder, and so regret it :-( Lynn x

~amy~ said...

Love rainbow cards! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Niki G said...

Mahalo for stopping by! I LOVE any card with rainbows...very fun take on the sketch!!!

Sheri W said...

Beautiful card, great take on the challenge. Great job

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a perfect CASlicious card, Linda! The clouds and the rainbow, hello? Perfect! The texture is divine!!

Lesley said...

Just awesome! And so clever! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

Greta said...

Adorable card--perfect use of the sketch!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous card! Such a creative take on the sketch.

Catherine Loh said...

love your interpretation of the sketch, with the curved lines instead of the straight diagonal - the rainbow is the perfect choice