Followers

Sunday, 4 August 2013

It’s all in the mind

It might be very child like – not really surprising when I can’t actually paint or draw but I’m quite happy with my first art journal page.  I’ve got limited paints and sprays so colour choice was limited.  Everything I’ve used on the page is recycled which was one of my main objectives.  The hair was created with some rafia that came wrapped around a stitching kit that arrived this week.  The dresses were scraps of the cereal boxes and inked with SU ink and then some pearl paint added.  The objective of the journal is to act a bit like an ‘artistic’ diary of emotions and goals going on in my life.  It is far from perfect but it was fun to do.
DSCF2535

6 comments:

Julie said...

What fun you must have had creating this Linda, it's lovely, well done.

cucki said...

i love it *.*

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous journal page linda, love the raffia hair ! I can imagine that working like this has taken you right out if your 'comfort zone' !! Well done on doing something so different, it's amazing.

Luv
Wynneth
X

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love it, too! It's always nice to have fun with your art!

Mrs A. said...

I love your quirky journal page. A one off. Hugs Mrs a

catherine said...

Are you sure this is your first page Linda!!! It is fabulous and looking forward to many more
x catherine