Followers

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Funny how things turn out

I wanted to take part in the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge of Black & White this week but also wanted to try out a technique I’ve seen on a few blogs recently.  The card initially was going to be flowery or pretty but it evolved into something completely different.  I’d made the background by masking off areas and using a dusting brush and TH Black Soot DI and then cut out a couple of shapes from my Spellbinders and a sentiment but it just didn’t look right.  The sentiment and the shapes just didn’t work for me.  So I decided to use some different Spellbinders and this background then emerged and it just said Halloween to me – I know it’s way too early but the card finally came together with a sentiment from SU’s Wacky Wishes and a spider from Spooky Bingo Bits both now retired   Pretty much a one layer card and relatively clean and simple too.
DSCF2543
The weekend went well at the Model Railway exhibition and I got a fair amount of stitching done in between topping up the water urn and chatting to some of the exhibitors when they came in for refreshment.  The castle on the teddy sampler is almost complete so it’s just the border and the banner to work on now – stitching progress photos to follow later in the week.

Tomorrow I am hoping the weather stays dry as I’m taking Colette, Logan and Savannah down to Looe to meet up with Bryan and his girlfriend Vicky who are staying in a caravan down there this week.  Bryan and Vicky are preparing us a picnic which is really sweet of them.  Now that Savannah is walking she will be able to join in the fun on the beach this time – last time we went down there in March most of her time was spent in the buggy so it should be better for her this time.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Hi like the card very much. just catching up with everyone as I have been visiting my mum. Anne x

Greta said...

Really neat card! I love having some cards ready ahead of occasions, so I don't think it's too early at all. Thanks for your sweet comment--so appreciated!

Roberta B said...

Hello, I wanted to thank you for stopping in and looking at my blog..it's a work in progress. But you may want to look at every ones WOYWD that is going on today. Sounds like something you may like. I don't think there is a lot of cross stickers but some change all the time. I'm a newbie on there myself. Bright Blessings to you and your. Roberta at the White Witches Cottage.

Roberta B said...

Hello, I don't think my 1st comment went though :-( any way I want to thank you for stopping and looking at my blog. Its a work in progress. Im new at all this. But you may want to look at it today and see everyone's stuff on the WOYWD. Sounds like its something you may like. And I think you would fit right in. Im a newbie on there myself. Thanks again
Roberta at the white witches cottage.

cucki said...

Looking so pretty x

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Linda. Love the effect you have created. hope you have a fabulous day at the picnic. More stitches have gone into the stocking and I shall put them up soon!
x catherine

Darnell J Knauss said...

Linda, Shut Up! This is the most fabbo Halloween card!! You have GOT to find some challenge(s) to enter this in so that more people can see. I'll keep my eye out. I love when a card makes you rather than the other way around! But the frame akimbo over the masked sections is another layer, right? You said it's pretty much one layer, so I would like to make sure when I try to CASE this. Oh, wait, I will pin this and then people all over the world can see it. Sorry, I'm rambling, but I'm blown away!!

Karen K said...

This is fabulous Linda, hope you enjoyed your day at the beach...

K x

Julie said...

Such an effective card, you are so organised. Hope you had a lovely day with the family at the beach.

P.s....I'm back to Friday sal, the samplers done lol

Mrs A. said...

A fantastic card. It really pops at you. Hope you had a lovely time at the beach with the grandchildren. Hugs Mrs a.