I wanted to take part in the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge of Black & White this week but also wanted to try out a technique I’ve seen on a few blogs recently. The card initially was going to be flowery or pretty but it evolved into something completely different. I’d made the background by masking off areas and using a dusting brush and TH Black Soot DI and then cut out a couple of shapes from my Spellbinders and a sentiment but it just didn’t look right. The sentiment and the shapes just didn’t work for me. So I decided to use some different Spellbinders and this background then emerged and it just said Halloween to me – I know it’s way too early but the card finally came together with a sentiment from SU’s Wacky Wishes and a spider from Spooky Bingo Bits both now retired Pretty much a one layer card and relatively clean and simple too.
The weekend went well at the Model Railway exhibition and I got a fair amount of stitching done in between topping up the water urn and chatting to some of the exhibitors when they came in for refreshment. The castle on the teddy sampler is almost complete so it’s just the border and the banner to work on now – stitching progress photos to follow later in the week.
Tomorrow I am hoping the weather stays dry as I’m taking Colette, Logan and Savannah down to Looe to meet up with Bryan and his girlfriend Vicky who are staying in a caravan down there this week. Bryan and Vicky are preparing us a picnic which is really sweet of them. Now that Savannah is walking she will be able to join in the fun on the beach this time – last time we went down there in March most of her time was spent in the buggy so it should be better for her this time.