Followers

Sunday, 4 August 2013

Curtain Call and Allsorts challenges

While Sunday roast was cooking (being cooked by DH) I thought I’d quickly put a card together for a couple of challenges that caught my eye over the weekend.  I’ve used the Watermelon Wonder challenge over at the Curtain Call challenge blog and the Allsorts photo inspiration challenge .  I’ve used the colours that I associate with watermelons.  Some Calypso Coral cardstock was run through a spotty embossing folder and then I highlighted the spots with a black Sharpie pen.  Then I stamped out some SU Itty Bitty flowers and punched them out with the co-ordinating punch and added some little gems also coloured with the pen.  They were then simply matted onto some pale yellow and green cardstock.  The sentiment came from the SU set called Just Believe.  The LO of the card came from the squares in the photo inspiration picture.
DSCF2537
Despite the rain it’s been a productive day and two posts in one day from me is not something that happens often either!  So my first journal page completed, a cute little card and I’ve got two chocolate orange cakes baking in the oven (these were made by me).  I’m far better at baking than I am at cooking LOL.

12 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Linda you have been busy!!! Chocolate orange cake sounds yummy. Anne x

Sarah said...

Sweet card Linda, I love the repeated design and bright colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Photo Inspiration challenge x

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card linda, fabulous colours. Your cakes and Sunday roast sound yummy !

Luv
Wynneth
X

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful colors! I love the pretty background on your blog, too!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a pretty card, Linda! great use of the sweet Watermelon Wonder colors! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

cucki said...

So sweet x

Suzanne Bramble said...

That's just my sort of design - symmetrical! The design and colours are lovely too. The chocolate and orange cake sounds delicious, actually the roast does too! Have a good week. XX

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie said...

Yumm, your cake sounds lovely. The cards pretty lovely too.

catherine said...

This looks great Linda and such great colours. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
For my card I used (Broken China and Tea Dye inks - distress)
I have sorted the stocking pattern onto my desk. Now I know I am late in starting but I still may be able to finish it fin time!!!
x catherine

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining my photo inspiration challenge at Allsorts Tracy xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm pressed, Linda! You have a lot to show in productivity, including baking!! Your journal is coming along great!!