Followers

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Clearly Besotted colour challenge

The time just seems to have been racing away recently.  This past week has been very busy and I have only just had the chance to take part in this month’s Clearly Besotted colour challenge.   The main image and the sentiment come from the With Love stamp sent from Clearly Besotted.  I was looking at their stamps to see which one I could use to go with the colour challenge and the water lilies jumped out at me.  It wasn’t until I looked to check what colour water lilies where that I discovered that they come in lots of different colours and they all look so pretty.  I’ve cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and used some SU papers in Primrose Petal to matt this onto.  This was then matted onto a piece of pale grey cardstock and some more of the SU paper and finished off with a little dragonfly brad.
DSCF2562
During the week I took Logan and Savannah down to Looe to meet up with their Uncle Bryan.  Unfortunately the weather wasn’t particularly kind to us and we weren’t able to spend very long on the beach this time.  In fact we had only been on the beach for about 15 minutes when the rain started to come down.  We got rather wet walking back to the car park.  The short time we were on the beach both Savannah and Logan enjoyed themselves.  The last time we took them down to Looe Savannah wasn’t walking and didn’t really know much about it but this time she was able to join in the fun.   We’d had a ‘picnic’ earlier in Bryan and Vicky’s caravan and had also managed to spend some time in the playground.  While the weather wasn’t brilliant it was nice spending some time with the grandchildren.

DSCF2544DSCF2551

9 comments:

catherine said...

Brilliant card Linda and love the flower image. Great pics and glad you all had a good time despite the weather. I'm not taking my stitching away as I know I won't have time so I am hoping to put up my progress so far later on in the week
x catherine

cucki said...

so much fun x

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely card Linda and cuties on the beach

K x x

Kate said...

Beautiful grandchildren and fab pix of them.

Caryn said...

Love that lily stamp - very pretty card.
Thanks for playing along with the CBS Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Such a pretty water lily, Linda, and I love the dragon fly charm!!

Your grandchildren are little models! I love his red hair and look at those eyelashes on her! (Usually it's the boys who get the long eyelashes!) Kids just love all that sand!

Julie said...

Lovely card.
A beach adventure with little ones, what fun!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful card, the little dragonfly is a nice touch! Thank you for joining in with the challenge, your grandchildren are beautiful :) x

Mrs A. said...

Did not realise I had quite so much catch up to do!!! Love this card and how you have placed on the grey backing. Perfect and a new challenge to add to my ever growing list!! Hugs Mrs A.