It was the Exeter Scrapaholix meeting today and Moya and I had a great day. I didn’t get a lot done, but I did manage to complete this LO and a couple of cards made out of the scraps of this months kit. I already had photos printed out from last months crop and I always try and work with just the monthly kit and whatever photos I have left to scrap from previous months (if any). Now the photos were quite bright colours but the kit had more subdued colours so it took me a while to figure out how to make them work together. I did swap out the grey/brown cardstock in the kit with a sheet of black cardstock and added the ruffled border with some adhesive ribbon tape that I have had in my stash bag for some time. A few punched borders to give a few decorative edges, one a Martha Stewart and the other an EK Success. The tags and journalling block also came from my stash bag, but the alphabet stickers and gems came with the monthly kit.
With the pieces I had left over I decided to make a couple of cards. This time I used the grey/brown cardstock and some of the white cardstock from the kit. A decorative border again with the EK Success punch and a ribbon from my stash. The owl stamp and sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted stamp set I bought earlier in the month and the leaf stamp is from an SU border stamp set.
We had some rain and thunder while we were at the crop and it was raining most of the way home but stopped once we were just outside of Plymouth – normally it’s the other way round!