Followers

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

WOYWW #213

On my workdesk this week are four very bright blocks which I have made out of the fabrics I bought while on holiday.  I have enough squares cut out to make another two blocks and then I will be putting them together to make a small quilt.  It’s a very basic quilt made up so far of 9 patch blocks with 1 1/2 inch strips around the edges.  I may add some more patches around the blocks when they are stitched together but I’m really making it up literally as I go. There’s a bag of small scraps which I’m making a scrappy quilt out of which I normally work on at Moya’s when my concentration level is low.  I’ve also been doing some stash sorting – this time my punches.  The ones on the workspace are the ones I am keeping as I know I will use them.  I have quite a few that I know I’m not going to use so will see if any of my crafting buddies would like them first but if not then I will donate them to a craft group or the local charity shop.  Right I’m off now to check out what other WOYWWers have posted on their blogs – details can be found on Julia’s blog
DSCF2368

11 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwww so pretty x

Julie said...

Very summery and bright and cheerful, I like that.

Emma Made said...

Your work-desk is so cheery! These blocks would make me so happy if thy were on my desk! Emma No.130

Candace said...

love those quilting blocks

Thanks for sharing and have a great week

Candace #43

Rita Barakat said...

Love the vibrant colors! Looks so pretty!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous colours! It may be basic to you but I think it's just fabulous!!! Chris117

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Linda
well done on the quilt making. sometime you learn so much more if you do make it up as you go along.
thanks for sharing
janet #39

Saxo Stamper said...

oh wow this is looking fabulous Linda, really bright and jolly. Can't wait to see it finished.

K x

Marit said...

I'm in ooh and aah over your quilts... it is a technique I never tried myself and I LOVE seeing the results that others get with it... wonderful! Have a creative week! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Linda
just dropping by rather late to say hello for WOYWW. Oh qwe have a Jack Russel too...she is the best mannered and iny\telligent dog I have ever had the pleasure to care for. Love your fabric blocks...lovely and bright
hugs
Annette In Oz #23

My name is Wynneth said...

This is looking so pretty Linda, what lovely fabrics you picked up whilst on your holiday. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt in the future.
luv
wynneth
x