Followers

Wednesday, 12 June 2013

WOYWW # 210

There’s quite a mess on my workspace this week.  Yesterday evening I decided to make some cards using the stamps and papers that came free with one of the crafting magazines.  Mojo has been absent over the past few weeks so I have literally just copied the designs that came with the magazine.  I managed to get four cards completed and another couple of cards ready for when I’ve coloured in some more of the stamped images.  I hope to use up the rest of the free papers today and have a nice little stash to go in my card box.
DSCF2226
On Sunday we had the pleasure of enjoying Logan and Savannah’s company.  Colette and the children came down for the day and we made the most of the sunshine and enjoyed a picnic in the garden.  Logan also enjoyed playing in the sandpit and Savannah was happy to play with the picnic plates.  Logan also ‘helped’ me out with a bit of weeding of the borders and we also enjoyed some time in the park which is just across the road from our house.
DSCF2202DSCF2199
Today we have some gravel being delivered for a small section of our garden so this evening will be spent transferring that from the drive to the back garden.  I’m also going round Moya’s house to craft with friends and we will be finishing the advent box which we started on Friday.

I haven’t done much stitching lately – no stocking SAL last Friday but hopefully I can make up for that this week.  I have put some more stitches into the Mother-in-law project and have completed one side of the border, hopefully I will get the other side completed this week which will only leave the bottom border.  We are on holiday next week and hoping to get lots of walking done – the weather is looking a little unsettled but hopefully it won’t stop us from doing what we want.

18 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

This looks great.I have been playing with the same set! Happy WOYWW xx Jan (68)

Lynn Holland said...

Lovely pics of the children and I'm looking forward I seeing more of your stitching. Thanks for the good wishes
Lynn 67

cucki said...

Sweet card and lovely photos x

jill said...

Lovely cards on your desk. Little ones give us so my pleasure & it sound like you really enjoyed having then over. Happy woyww Jill #28

Julie said...

Aww your little people look like they are having fun in the sun. How nice to have a park 'over the road'
Have a wonderful holiday!

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Linda - nothing wrong with copying from a mag when you hit a dry spell - especially when your projects look so good. Thanks for you visit today and I Hope Mr Mojo returns soon. MMx #43

Anne said...

Hello Linda and thank you for your good wishes to Mum and me. We are both getting better. Hope you have a wonderful week away and that the weather is kind. Hugs Anne x #75

Ria Gall said...

a great desk but those photo's are just too cute, lovely
Happy WOYWW and I hope you have a great week
Ria #42

Sarah Evans said...

My desk is a mess this week so I cheated and posted some shots of my desktop instead :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Darnell J Knauss said...

What fun your cards are, Linda! They all look like they have whimsical sayings. Where are the images from?

Thank you for sharing the adorable photos of Logan and Savannah! What a blessed weekend you had! Hope the gardening project went well and no backs are sprained!

Have a wonderful week! xxoo Darnell #61

sandysewin said...

Sometime it's nice to do a kit-type project that doesn't require a whole bunch of planning and thinking. Nothing wrong with that! Folks will still be happy to get handmade cards. :-)

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #113

Patsy Paterno said...

Copying is fine! We just have to get moving or it's downhill from there! So speaks the know it all! ha ha ha!! patsy

The Taming of the Glue said...

It's always good to try and use the freebies but I must admit I'm not that good at it...I usually "file" them for later and forget about them for years! Hugs. Pam#26

catherine said...

Mojo goes all the time with us all but seems to re-appear from nowhere again Linda!!. I'm sure yours will soon. Glad you had a lovely day with the family at the weekend
x catherine

Lucy said...

I hope your mojo comes back and that you enjoy making your cards. Thanks for popping by, have a great week - Lucy #33 x

okienurse said...

Sounds like you have been really busy crafting in addition to life projects! Love the pics of the kiddos...so cute! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week! Vickie #26

RosA said...

I think it's fine to just copy and use the free papers if that's all you feel like doing. Sometimes just rearranging your supplies helps :)
RosA # 10

505whimsygirl said...

Nice cards!

Your visitors look very darling! I especially like Savannah's bandana scarf. I used to wear one like that when I was little.

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to stop by. Time management wasn't on my side over the weekend.

Happy WOYWW
Kay (93)