Followers

Monday, 17 June 2013

Tuesday Throwdown challenge

Before we went on holiday I had to make a couple of male birthday cards, something quick and simple as time was limited.  I made this card for my friends son who I find hard to believe is already 13.  I’ve used stamps from SU stamping the football out multiple times in different colours (he likes playing football) and added the two sentiments.  As it’s a male themed card it fits in with the challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown.  I also made a card for our SIL his birthday is tomorrow but maybe I’ll share that another day.
DSCF2229
We were able to get out for a couple of walks yesterday without getting too wet – stayed local and explored the village where we are staying.  We had lunch at the Talbot Inn ( a place we had been taken once before with our friends Karen and Phillip).  We only ordered snacks but they were meals in their own right really.  Ian had the wild boar and onion baguette and I opted for the chilli nachos washed down with a nice glass of Ringwood best bitter – very nice.  It’s a very old pub built in the mid 17th century and Grade ll listed, very warm and welcoming.
DSCF2240DSCF2239
Couldn’t resist taking a photo of this quote – made me smile anyway.
DSCF2238

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

That is such a cute saying and the pub looks so gorgeous!

Kate said...

As an armchair traveller I quite enjoy reading about your travels and all the wonderful photos. That's a swell quote the pub was sharing.

cucki said...

:)
enjoy your day x

Julie said...

Great quote. Nice food. Super card.

Julie said...

Lovely card - I bet you enjoyed those nachos! yum yum!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our You're the man challenge!

Hope you can join us again tomorrow when our new challenge launches!

Hugs

Julie x