Followers

Saturday, 29 June 2013

Completely forgot

Despite completing my block for the Sugar Block of the Month in plenty of time I forgot that yesterday was the last Friday of the month.  I had the pleasure of stitching this months block with my dear friend Karen.  It was a relatively easy block to put together but I’m not as happy with this design as I am with previous blocks.  My block is on the right using my creams and browns and Karen’s is obviously the one on the left.  In real life I think Karen’s fabric choice works far better than mine.
DSCF2331
I am blaming my forgetfulness on the fact that I had a very enjoyable day at Pennywell Farm with Colette, Logan and Savannah.  I will share photos another day but we had great fun seeing the animals – I even got to cuddle one of their tiny pigs – would love to have one.  We played on the trampolines, went through the maze, rode on the train, played on the mini JCB’s, tractors and lots of other things.  We all had a fabulous day – it’s great being a Grandma.

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Both pretty blocks but I'm going with yours as my fav choice. The combination of the browns has a nice contrast to it. Seeing my grandchildren in two weeks time. Hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

I think your block is superb, well done to our friend on hers too.
Becoming a grandparent is licence to go into your second childhood, that's what I tell my daughter when she raises her eyebrows when I do daft stuff with Isabelle lol

cucki said...

So pretty x

My name is Wynneth said...

I think your block looks lovely linda. I know you aren't happy with it but I think it's down to a not very pretty block design rather than your fabric choice. Good luck with the paper piecing for july's BOM !

Love
Wynneth
X