Followers

Friday, 14 June 2013

Clearly Besotted challenge

I think my Mojo is finally coming back, albeit slowly.  It has been helped by finding a new challenge blog run by Stephanie of Clearly Besotted.  It’s the first challenge so I am going to try very hard to see if I can make something for this challenge blog each time – it’s monthly so I should be able to do that.  As this is their first challenge there is the chance to win 5 sets of Clearly Besotted stamps so an added incentive to enter.  You do have to use at least one Clearly Besotted stamped image on your creation but Stephanie has kindly put up a few freebie images to help you out.  I’ve used the free rose image for my creation and printed it out in various sizes onto yellow cardstock.  Before cutting the image out I coloured it in with Copics and then layered the images for a decoupage effect.  The little butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I’ve also used a Martha Stewart corner punch on the white cardstock.  The scallop border is an EK Success punch (birthday present – love it) and I used up the remaining papers from the freebies from the Papercraft Essentials magazine.  The sentiment is from SU.

DSCF2228
We are going on holiday for a week tomorrow – we’ve booked a cottage in the country and we are hoping to get out for lots of nice walks, weather permitting.  We’re also going to be meeting up with our wonderful friends Karen and Phillip and Max’s friend Barney (their dog).  Hopefully we will be able to share some crafting time together and a few walks which is including a trip to a gorgeous fabric shop in Sturminster Newton.  The cottage has wi-fi so I’m taking the laptop so I can still keep up with blogland.  I’ll also be taking some stitching to work on and a few books to read – if we get the time.  I had hoped to finish another book this month but I’d lost my work locker key and my book is inside.  Thankfully I have been told that the key has been handed in but the man I need to see to get it back wasn’t in yesterday so it will have to wait until I’m back fleave.  Soooo looking forward to this break.

6 comments:

catherine said...

Your card looks lovely Linda and such great colours.
Hope you have a great holiday and a good time with your friends
x catherine

Suzanne said...

Have a lovely holiday, I hope you get good weather! Your card looks fab, I recently bought a couple of stamps from that site (introduced to it by a friend), they're great value and good to use. XX

Julie said...

Have a wonderfully relaxed week away, I hope the weather plays nicely for you Linda.
Beautiful card, the flower is so pretty.

Caryn said...

Love the layout and choice of colours - very striking.
Thanks for joining in at the CBS Challenge.

Caryn xxx

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Lovely rose, I really like how you made it three dimensional!

Chris L.

Stephanie said...

This is a very beautiful card. Love the design! Thank you so much for taking part, I really appreciate it :) x