Followers

Monday, 3 June 2013

A wonderful weekend

DSCF2196 Three whole days of sunshine - it's been wonderful.  Friday we went and laid flowers in the Garden of Remembrance for FIL's birthday.  Colette and Bryan came with MIL and myself and it was nice to share a few moments together.

In the late afternoon I was able to put some more stitches into the stocking SAL - there is now another reindeer emerging - Rudolf - although I haven't stitched his red nose yet.

DSCF2193I also made a card for our friends who have recently had their first baby.  The papers came from an Artful Delights kit that I used to subscribe to.  I've used the new border punch that my friend Moya recently bought me for my birthday - really pretty.  The stamp is from an old SU hostess stamp set, finished off with some stitched ribbon.

DH was at a model railway exhibition all weekend so Bryan and myself got busy in the garden again.  I can finally say the garden is beginning to look a bit more respectable now.  Still lots to do out the back but it does at least look tidy again.  We also went and bought some cube units for the landing and the pile of boxes filled with books are now empty but the cube units are now full.  I didn't realise just how many books were in those boxes.

Sunday we spent some time out in the front garden, mother had brought across one of her Hebes to go in there and I put a rose plant that we had been given out there too.  I also had some geraniums and begonias to go in which will hopefully add some colour to the garden.

DSCF2197The rest of the weekend was taken up with walking Max and then making a start on my new stitching project.  This is a design from a Stoney Creek magazine which I saw a while ago and thought would be a perfect gift for MIL.  I've always been very lucky and had a wonderful relationship with my in-laws and the verse was very apt.  It shouldn't take too long to complete as it is mainly back stitching with just a few crossed stitched elements and some beads for decoration.  I've almost completed the verse so just the border to work on then.  Hoping to get this almost finished before we go away for our cottage holiday in a couple of weeks.  I do hope the weather stays nice for us.


7 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xxx

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Love the stocking it's really coming on and love the verse too.

Photos of the garden would be good.

K xxx

Kate said...

A delightful post, Linda! The stitchery you're doing for your in-laws is quite lovely - they're lucky to have you for a DIL. Your stocking is coming along quite nicely - I admire your tenacity. Hope your sunshine continues and especially for your cottage vacation.

catherine said...

Sounds like you have had a good couple of days Linda and some stitching progress in between. the weather here has been kind to us also - makes a nice change
x catherine

Julie said...

It's going to be a beautiful and thoughtful gift for you MIL.
Stocking looks fab, will take pic of mine and do a blog post.

Mrs A. said...

Sounds like you have been mega busy in the garden and your embroidery is coming long too. The verse is lovely .
Hugs mrs a.

Dani - tkdchick said...

The stocking looks so adorable!