Followers

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Rain, rain, go away

DSCF2087
 It's hard to believe we are nearly half way through the month of May.  It's gone cooler again and it did nothing but rain today.  It's just gone 8 in the evening and it has finally stopped.  I am so glad that we managed to get the lawn cut yesterday and tidied up the borders again.  We were going to go behind the garden wall and deal with the triffids that have evolved over the past couple of months as well but the rain decided to pay a visit.   Of course the plants need the water and we have some lovely flowers in bloom including this Camelia.  We have some rhubarb growing nicely and I think I will pick some later in the week and make either a crumble or pie.  We have lots of blossom on our dwarf apple trees and also lots of gooseberries to look forward to looking at it today.  Our blueberry bush is also looking good although we did have a few birds taking an interest in them as well at the weekend.  I have some Begonias and Geraniums that need to be put into the front garden borders - no point putting them in the back garden as they always seem to get eaten by the slugs.  For some reason they don't go in the front garden which is good.

DSCF2086With it being so rainy today I have managed to get some more sorting out done.  The desk which had been on the landing for several months has now been dismantled and has gone to it's new home at the model railway club for it's members to make use of.  We bought a cube unit yesterday so I have moved all the scrapbook albums that were in the downstairs cupboard into that.  This meant I could then put all the glasses and few bottles of alcoholic beverages that we possess into the front room cupboard.  With that being done it freed up space in a cupboard in the kitchen which normal people would put food in but it is now housing my SU stamps sets that come in the DVD type cases.  Just a few things left on the landing but they will hopefully find new homes in the next couple of weeks.  I do believe we are finally making progress although I don't think we'd ever be able to down size!

DSCF2088An update of the teddy sampler which I intend to spend at least an hour on this evening while watching the tennis. I managed to almost complete another of the small teddy ballerinas on Sunday and am hoping to finish that one this evening and then work on the clouds again.

I had some nice stitching post today.  Part 9 of The Flock by Sam Sarah Designs which is on auto subscription with the Patchwork Rabbit and another Stacy Nash primitive kit which I get quarterly from The Sampler Girls.  Somehow I don't think I will be bored when I get to retire with all the projects I have lined up.


4 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching..it's lovely sunny here..
Sending you warm sunshine x

Julie said...

You're having a busy week off Linda, we've got rain too, had to put a sweater on today as its turned really cold again!
Teddy and his ladies are looking lovely.

Saxo Stamper said...

lovely bear, it's looking so cute, fed up with the rain, wind and cold too.... hope it isn't ruining your week, sounds like you are getting some jobs done.

K xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

A lovely post, Linda! Isn't it wonderful to be able to be in the garden and, although a nuisance, see how the rain makes everything thrive and shine so freshly! Love your camellia!

I've had to give up on geraniums, sadly, because we have something here called "geranium bud worms" which is impossible to control since they come flying in as moths. If it weren't for that, I'd have lots of them because they are so hardy and beautiful.

Sounds like you are making excellent progress on reorganizing your space and craft things and on your wonderful teddy sampler!

xxoo Darnell