Followers

Friday, 31 May 2013

May Sugar Block

DSCF2149 Well it's the last Friday in the month so it's time to share this month's Sugar Block with you.  I think this has been my favourite block so far.  I used five different fabrics for this block - I did have a minor hiccup and stitched one of the corners around the wrong way and didn't actually notice until I went to press the complete block out LOL!  I was able to just take the one small block out and reassemble rather than the two strips so it wasn't too bad rectifying my goof.

DSCF2152I'm also showing this cute Advent calendar that Lisa and I made a couple of weekends ago when she came down to 'play'.  I found the instructions on Brenda's blog - what an amazing lady, lots and lots of inspiration and tutorials can be found there.  Now I've made one I have lots more to make - this is the mass production project I said I would be doing a few weeks ago.  I'd like to make one for all my work colleagues in pharmacy and I guess if I can get one done each week I should get there in plenty of time.

It's the Exeter crop tomorrow - I have some photos printed just need to decide what I need to take with me to embellish the pages I am hoping to create.  It's sure to be fun regardless of how much or how little I get done.

4 comments:

Karen K said...

Lovely job Linda, I enjoyed this block too, although I was initially put off by the colours of Amy's example, I really like my own.

K xx

catherine said...

Great block and love the calendar. must have a look at the blog link. Have a good weekend
x catherine

Lucy said...

I love the advent calendar! Such a good idea!

My name is Wynneth said...

I love the fabrics you used on your May BOM Linda, it looks great in these colours.

The advent calendar is fabulous and I can't wait to finish mine off when we all get together again.
luv
wynneth
x