Followers

Thursday, 30 May 2013

It’s complete

DSCF2190 It's been a good day.  The  sun came out so I was able to get washing on the line.  A parcel that was to be redelivered today turned up before I went to work.  I got to put the final stitches in on Red Riding Hood with a few minutes to spare before having to go into work as well.

Here she is all complete and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed working on this one.  I did wonder if I would get bored with just four colours but as it stitched up really quick so no time to get bored.  I would definitely stitch another of the designs by Primative Hare - just need to think which one I would like to add to my never ending project list LOL!  I've just notice that Isobel is doing an International swap with her new pattern book Prim Atmospheres - sign up is by 1st June - may just have to join in the fun!

DSCF2192I've taken a close up picture of the sweet little snowflakes as they don't really show up in the picture shown in it's entirety.

I have my next 2013 start kitted up and ready to start but I don't think I will start it until the weekend as it's been a very busy day at work and all I want to do now is sit down and watch the tennis.

Tomorrow it's time for the stocking SAL but before that I am taking MIL, DD and DS2 to the crematorium to lay some flowers in the garden of remembrance as it would have been FIL's birthday.  I've bought him some red carnations.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Wow she is beautiful :)
Hugs x

Barbi said...

This is a gorgeous piece Linda!! Well done!

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Oh it's beautiful, well done, it looks amazing.

What a lovely idea to take some flowers to the garden of rememberance x x x


K x

Julie said...

Fabulous finish.
I'll be stocking stitching this evening too.
{big hug}i hope you can all enjoy a happy memory of your FIL as you lay his flowers xxx

Suzanne said...

Lovely work Linda, I love the primitive colours. XX

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a great piece, is she intending to do some more fairy tales? They'd make a great series. This reminds me of a woodcut illustration for some reason.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love your RRH finish, Linda! I like Jo's idea of a series of them.