Followers

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Friday smiles

DSCF2070My friend Lisa came down for the weekend on Friday.  DH was away for the weekend so we decided to go out for something to eat Friday evening.  We left Max at home and I knew he'd make himself comfortable on our bed but I didn't realise just how comfortable he'd make himself.  Max came down the stairs to greet us when we got home and he had snuggled into my pajamas while we were out and this is the site that greeted us and had us in fits of laughter.  He'd actually managed to get his head and body through one of the short sleeves of my PJ's.  A snug fit so he was very warm and cosy.

DSCF2066I've finally got round to taking some photos of the LO's that I made while at the Exeter crop last weekend.  They all still need either the date or some journalling to be added to them.   The first LO is of me and Max when we all went to Canonteign Falls one sunny day a few years ago.  I used the papers from the March kit with some letters from the April kit.  The strands of burlap I draped around the letters and also added some gems to give is a bit of sparkle.  This just needs the date added to it but I need to trawl through all the photo files on the old laptop for that.

DSCF2067For the second LO I've used two photos of Elisha which were taken by my DIL and catch the impish nature of Elisha perfectly.  These papers came from the April kit and just went perfectly with the top Elisha was wearing.  Flowers came from an old kit and so did the sentiment.  Not entirely sure if I have finished this or not.
 

DSCF2068The final LO are photos that were taken last March when we walked from Bedford Bridge to Yelverton.  It was a lovely sunny day very unlike March of this year.  It was so nice we were able to have tea and cakes outside the deli shop at Yelverton.  This one just needs the exact date and some journalling to be added to it.  The papers came from the March kit which also had the lovely burlap which I have matted my photos on to try and give it a slight rustic feel.

Yesterday Lisa and I went to the Bodmin craft show with our friends Allie and Jacqueline.  It's not a big craft show and it's a pity it's not better supported but the exhibitors that were there had a nice variety of crafting goodies.  I was very restrained for me and only bought a couple more stamp sets, some fat quarters and a couple of embossing folders.

Today Lisa and I have been crafting and we have made a beautiful box which will eventually hold a set of six cards.  It took us quite a while to make and decorate the box but it's was worth the effort - very shabby chic looking.  Will take a photo of it once I have made all of the cards to go in it.  I managed to make three once Lisa had gone home and hope to make the other three tomorrow.

I hope you have had a good bank holiday, apart from a bit of drizzle yesterday morning it's been quite a good one weather wise in the SW.  Not sure what tomorrow holds but I am hoping to get DH (who is now back home) out in the garden for some more tidying up.  No doubt it will rain now!





8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely scrapbooking but please tell me, what is a LO?

Anne said...

Hi Linda your photo of Max made me chuckle - how cute is he!!! Lovely layouts - you have been busy. I bought some fat quarters when I was up in Yorkshire visiting DS and family. Hope tomorrow stays fine - we have been told it is going to be warm and sunny!!! Anne x

Annie said...

I love the photo of Max. What a character :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Christine said...

Your dog is too funny!
I didn't know Bodmin had a craft show, was it in the Shire Hall?

Twiglet said...

That's a pj day then is it!! x Jo

Kim said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely girlie weekend - bless your little doggie - how cute! It's been really warm here today - a Bank Holiday first for months!

Karen K said...

Oh what a super photo of Max, bless his cotton socks. I bet he did make you laugh.

Beautiful layouts Linda

k xx

Julie said...

How wonderful to have a whole weekend with a crafting friend, sounds like you did lots of things and had lots of fun.
Max's pic did make me smile!