Followers

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

WOYWW #202

DSCF2008 It's been a few weeks since I have taken part in WOYWW hosted by Julia at the Stamping Ground - the last time I did I had just started working on a layer cake quilt.  Unfortunately it has taken me that long to get back to doing some work on it again.  I had assembled half of the squares together and this morning the other half were on my table waiting to be completed.  Since I took this photo I have now completed all 42 squares and just need to trim them down so they are all equal ready to be assembled in hopefully (if my mind will let me) random pattern.

Lunch at Chine Blue with Jane was fun and it was great catching up with each others news.  After lunch we had a wander round to look at all that was on offer in the gift shop and I came away with a cute hedgehog door stopper - couldn't resist as he was also soft and cuddly too.  We also came away with a few gift ideas that we could easily replicate and saw this lovely fabric tulip and have set each other the challenge of making one of them before we meet up again in a few weeks time.

I had some nice post today, firstly my bi-monthly stitching kit from the Prim Sisters club which I have belonged to for over a year now - something a little different from what I would normally stitch.  I also received a quilters triangle ruler, DVD and some cotton from Creative Grids - there was a great demo on how to use the ruler and my will power was non-existent Monday evening when I got home from my 'cookery' class!

Off now to finish my cup of coffee and to try and trim the blocks - have a great evening.

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The squares are looking good! I haven't quilted for a while cogs I haven't been in the mood. Shall have to crack the whip!!
Hugs, LLJ 37 xxxx

Anda said...

Your desk looks interesting - I don't sew or do fabric so I am fascinated by quilters and talented sewers!

Anda #43

Ria Gall said...

well done on getting the squares done you should feel proud of yourself. It is always nice getting crafting goodies in the post
Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #40

cucki said...

The squares are looking so lovely...
Love for you x

Kim said...

I've missed the last few WOYWW too - I'm never in the right place at the right time lately!! Your desk looks nice and busy! Look forward to seeing the finished article! :)

Anne said...

I still haven't finished my Lilybo quilt - life got in the way a bit. Hoping to get on with it now. Like the sound of the door stop. Anne x #62

Saxo Stamper said...

Looking good Linda, I am sure it will be gorgeous when it's done.

Glad you had a nice day xxx

catherine said...

Great progress with the squares Linda. glad you enjoyed your trip out with your friend
x catherine

Cazzy said...

Proper quilting, I look forward to seeing the end result!
I do have a lot of KKS but that is the tip of the rubber iceberg!

Happy WOYWW.

Cazzy x #87

Gita said...

Hi, well hopefully you can get quite a bit more done then you have been. :-) Brigita #97

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.. Linda, you look very busy with this fun creation.. Looking forward to seeing your finished project. Thank you so much for sharing. ^_^

Francesca said...

Hi Linda , cough still lingering. But managed to do a goldwork class yesterday. Thanks for stopping by. Francewsca #67

Karen Ives said...

I so admire quilters, I just dont seem to be accurate enough!
Karen #61

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I always think quilters are so brave. I've never attempted one, but they are a favorite. Sounds like you keep up with busy fun.
Running late, but being gone the 2 days wore me out! Drove home in a snow storm, still very cold, strong winds, and snow on the ground here. Unreal.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend