Followers

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

The open sea

DSCF2020 I've managed to make another card this evening - I think the sun shining and the lighter evenings have given me a boost to the energy and creativity levels!  This card I have managed to make also fits three challenges, Little Tangles which is asking for embossing and I've used the SU chevron embossing folder on the card and a piece of contrasting Cherry Cobble cardstock.  Twisted Tuesdays which was to use chocolate in any form and I've used SU's Chocolate Chip cardstock and ink and finally the sketch from Sketch Saturday.  The stamp set I've used is SU's The Open Sea - I'm starting to leave off sentiments so that I can use them for any occasion when the need calls.

DSCF2022
A progress photo of the teddy bear sample - unfortunately I have now run out of one of the brown threads which is why the bear has only got one and a bit legs so I have started to work my way round the borders now.  Hopefully I'll pick them up tomorrow while I'm out and about with mum.  Fingers crossed I can keep up the good progress on this one and meet my end of June target which will then give me two weeks to get it framed and ready for Savannah's 1st birthday.

Lots of things to do on my day off tomorrow but it will be spent mainly with mum which is always nice. Enjoy your evening!

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Stunning card the ship really does look like it is on the open sea. Love the addition of the ancor in the red. Enjoy your day with your Mum. Hugs Mrs A.

cucki said...

So sweet x

Anne said...

Card is great and the teddy is sweet. Anne x

crafty-stamper said...

great card love the image and frame-i also leave sentiments off to be added later unles challenge asks for it -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Vickie Y said...

Very nice nautical card using chocolate chip CS and ink. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Christine said...

Lovely card finish. The teddy sampler is progressing nicely

catherine said...

Fantastic card Linda and great image.
x catherine

Tracie said...

Love your card. The border is just adorable. This looks so yummy. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the vintage image/frame. Great embossing, so glad you could join us at Little Tangles!

Niki Rowland said...

Great card! Love your stitching too - it's a labour of love isn't it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

Tracy Ercole said...

Lovely embossing, thanks for playing along with Little Tangles!