Followers

Friday, 19 April 2013

Quilt top

DSCF2011 Just a quick post today to show the completed top of the quilt I'm working on. as promised.  It's made from a lovely soft layer cake and I can't help but run my hands across it each time I pass it.  I'm thinking I will back it with a fleecy material and it will be lovely to snuggle into next winter.

This evening as usual has been spent working on the Christmas stocking SAL along with spending some time with my friend Ali who called round.  I've also managed to catch up with two of the Masterchef programmes I had recorded - will watch this evenings episode tomorrow evening.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so fingers crossed we can get some more gardening done and the plants in their pots.  I picked up some Begonias that were on offer after I finished work today so with any luck the garden will have some colour in it this year.  Who knows maybe one day we will become decent amateur gardeners - don't hold your breath though!

6 comments:

cucki said...

So pretty x

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh my!!! What a gorgeous quilt! BRAVO, my dear!

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful, truly beautiful

K x

catherine said...

Sewing looks to be coming along nicely Linda. Glad you had a nice time with your friend and hope you have a good weekend
x catherine

Mrs A. said...

Stunning colour combo and layout for the quilt. Quite agree that a fleecy backing would be lovely for snuggling into. Been a brilliant day here to day. Managed to sit out in the garden all afternoon. Well it would have been rude not to and I had been to physio in the morning so needed to unstretch!!
Hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

Having a blog reading catch up.... your stocking is looking splendid, i bet its grown a lot more after last Friday too. I'll be back with you this week.
RRH looks great the border is really effective.
Such a beautiful quilt front, the colours are really nice and i agree, a fleece lining will make it really cosy to snuggle under in the colder months.
Hope you enjoyed some spring sunshine this weekend, its been lovely here.