Followers

Monday, 29 April 2013

Pretty in Pink card

DSCF2064  A beautifully sunny day today which I didn't see a great deal of sadly as I was stuck in work all day.  But since getting home I have enjoyed a little time in the garden watering the plants in the tub and watching DH mow the lawn.

I've also found time to take part in some challenges too.  The theme for Just us girls is a photo inspiration challenge, ABC challenges is asking for Mother's Day cards/or feminine card, Pink Elephant challenge to use Washi tape and finally the sketch from Sketch Saturday challenge.


DSCF2065
I created the background card using a packet of black rub-ons that I have had in my stash for absolutely ages, the main image is also a rub on.  Two diffferent Washi tapea were used along the top edge of the scalloped Martha Stewart border and I've used CM and SU heart punches for a bit of embellishment with a scrap of bright pink organza ribbon.  I'm making the effort to decorate the insides of my cards now so another rub-on and a few hearts for the inside.

DSCF2062Yesterday evening I needed to make a card for my friends husband's 60th birthday which is next week.  It had to be done last night so that I could drop it off on my way home from work today as they are going away to Scotland for a weeks holiday.  I've used some Dark Room Door stamps and sentiments for his card.  I made the background for the car image to go on and tried to create the illusion of hills and clouds to go with the sentiment.  The other paper and cardstock used are scraps left over from the March Scrapaholix kit.

DSCF2063Again I used some scraps and another sentiment to finish off the inside of the card.  Hopefully he'll like it and I also hope they have a wonderful time in Scotland.

Football is now on the TV being watched by DH so I think I'll see if I can get a few more stitches into one of my WIP's - just not sure which one to do this evening.





16 comments:

cucki said...

Very pretty x

downrightcrafty said...

love the hot pinks with the black simply stunning, and a great masculine card too
Hugs Kate xx

catherine said...

Both of these cards look fantastic Linda. I'm sure your friend will love it
x catherine

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the colors -- great inspirational take

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoops - Thanks for playing in JUGS!

Nancy said...

I really like what you have done with the JUGS challenge this week! Your tree is so different and I LOVE it! The added bow and heart in the corner was a great addition. Hope you join us again...BTW love the masculine card too!

Suzanne said...

Really love the pink card. I always find it difficult to think of masculine designs for cards, love the one you've done especially the black dots. XXX

Karen K said...

These are fabulous, the pink is gorgeous - just love it.

k x

Marisa said...

Great image and use of the insp. picture! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Carole Ann Fleming said...

Love your card. Very creative!

Tangii said...

What a fun pink card :) LOVE the hearts on the tree :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls, hope to see you again!

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful card! Love that clever tree and ribbon on that heart! So glad you played along with us at JUGS~

Carrie Robinson said...

the male card is lovely but I really love the pink card - Thanks so much for playing at sketch Saturday this week. Hope to see you again xx

Kim said...

I love the pink and black together - very feminine but with a bit of an edge :) The 60th card is great too!

Ger said...

The pinks and blacks are very striking! Great card. Thankyou for joining us at ABC Challenges this week.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!