Followers

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Meet Horatio

DSCF2009 the hedgehog who I bought yesterday at China Blue.  I decided to call him Horatio after the fictional Royal Navy character from the Napoleonic wars as he has come to live in the Naval city of Plymouth.  He has settled in well and been accepted by Max who came in and gave him a thorough sniffing.  They did have a grey coloured hedgehog at China Blue but he looked more like a mole than a hedgehog so I went with this brown version.

Before going into work today I was able to put half of the quilt together.  I tried very hard to be random and thought I'd managed it when I had it all laid out only to somehow sew a couple of the blocks together differently from how it was laid out which has meant I've put a couple of the same colours side by side - I can just about live with it - besides which I didn't have time to unpick it before going into work and redoing it.

DSCF2010Since I got home from work this evening I have put the rest of the blocks together so now the top of the quilt is ready.  Overall it doesn't look too bad and I'll post an updated photo of the complete top on my blog tomorrow.  All I have to do now is get the wadding and backing and put a strip around the edge of the blocks.  This will have to wait for a couple of weeks until I can get to one of localish needlework shops.

It's way past my bedtime but I just HAD to get the top completed otherwise I wouldn't have been able to settle.  Good job I don't have to go into work early anymore.



3 comments:

Christine said...

The quilt looks wonderful. If it is truly random sometimes the same colour will fall next to itself so I shouldn't worry about it.
Horatio is sweet.

cucki said...

Aww sweet ..
Your quilt is looking so lovely
Big hugs x

Karen K said...

oh wow, congratulations Linda, this looks fabulous, well done.

Can't wait to see the finished thing.

Hedgehog is lovely.

K xx