Followers

Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Layer cake progress

DSCF1981 Last night I made a start on a quilt using this layer cake.  I managed to cut all the squares up and then put about a dozen of them back together again with the rest of the pile ready to be stitched.  They will then be cut in half and stitched together once more.  I'm hoping to get some more of it done tomorrow on my day off.  I'm following a video from the Missouri Star Quilt Co.  Keeping it fairly simple for my first quilt will perhaps give me the confidence to tackle something a bit more adventurous next time.

I managed to get an hours worth of stitching done on RRH this morning before going in to work and hope to do the same each morning.  There will probably be no crafting done this evening as I'm going round to see my friend Ali who is looking after her young grandaughter and I haven't had the opportunity of seeing her yet.  Little Brooke is my godsons daughter so I am very much looking forward to meeting her.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Looking so lovely x

Saxo Stamper said...

oooh how exciting.... good luck with it, can't wait to see how you go.

k x

My name is Wynneth said...

Yummy layer cake Linda :O) that will make a lovely quilt and I can't wait to see it after all your slashing and stitching !

Well done on putting in more stitches on your RRH project. Hope you've had a lovely evening with your pal Ali. Hoping to see you for a while tomorrow evening at Moya's, I'll be going later though as we are collecting Dad to stay for a few weeks.
luv
wynneth
x

Parsley said...

Love the calming colors.

Kate said...

Lovely fabric that you've chosen! Have fun.

Mrs A. said...

Interesting concept. Look forward to seeing your quilt grow. Hugs Mrs a.

catherine said...

The colours look great together and will watch your progress with this one
x catherine

Julie said...

Nice combination of colours in the fabric.
Hope you had a lovely time catching up with your friend and her little visitor.