Followers

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Colour combo challenge

DSCF2024 For some reason I have generally found colour combos the most challenging so I thought it was time to overcome this.  It was made slightly easier by Just Us Girls as they chose a really pretty colour combination which included Regal Rose, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery. I couldn't find Regal Rose so I've used a slightly darker pink in it's place. I've used strips of coloured cardstock which has been embossed with a variety of folders.  The card also fits the Scrap Creations challenge which was to include Insects or Animals and I've used this cute Unity Stamp for the focal point and finally I used the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy.

Off into town in a minute to go and have my hair cut before I have to go into work this afternoon.  Then this evening I really must get my Sugar BOM completed ready to go on my blog tomorrow!  A fun evening at Moya's last night where I managed to get some more of the teddy sampler done.

4 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Awesome card!!

catherine said...

The colours look great Linda and make for a lovely card. have fun at the hairdressers and glad you enjoyed your night sewing with your friend
x catherine

Nancy said...

Linda...Glad the Just Us Girls team could help you overcome your fear of Color challenges. This week's color combo was a good one...that is for sure! Love your inchworm and your stitching on your card is fabulous! Maybe I need to step up and get over my fear of sewing on cards! Any pointers would be great!
Thanks for playing along...check out next week's challenge it's a great one too!

Marisa said...

Such a cute inch worm!! Love the strips of colour too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.