Followers

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

WOYWW #196

DSCF1922 It's a bit late in the day but it's still Wednesday so I'm joining in with this weeks WOYWW over at Julia's blog - a great way of going round the world and seeing what everyone has been up to in the past week.  There's been no actual crafting going on at my workdesk this week and that's because the desk has been moved from the back bedroom onto the landing so that we could get one of the walls plastered.  We've also decided that it's not going back into that room so I have to find somewhere for the overflow of stash that is both on the desk and under it!  Some of it will fit into the space I have been making in the downstairs cupboards and some of it might just end up on E-Bay this weekend if they have a free listing offer.  I guess the real answer to the problem is to actually USE the stash instead of just looking at it all the time!!!

DSCF1923I have been busy crafting the past week though and have spent since Friday working on a different stitching project every day so that I can join in with the Theme-a-licious for March.  So far so good and I have managed to work on at least one different project every day.  Last night I managed to get a couple of the small floral confetti panels done on Yiota's landscape cross stitch.  This morning the big bad wolf was completed so I will now be working on Red Riding Hood - I will post a weekly progress photo of that one.  I am thoroughly enjoying it and I'm going to set myself a target and try and get it completed by the end of March.  This evenings piece of stitching will be a WIP called the Fishermans Lodge - I've almost completed the actual lodge it's just the surrounding garden areas and the border of fish that I need to work on and try to get done this year. 

DSCF1920Today's photo prompt is CHAIR and I've captured a photo of Max's favourite chair in the house.  This chair is in our conservatory and was bought for DH but he has to share it with Max (when allowed).  Max loves it for just general lazing around but more often than not you can usually find him perched and hanging over the back of the chair when he is on cat patrol.  He is ever vigilant and the mere sight of a cat will send him off in a frenzy to the back door to be let out.  Once let out he will just round down the bottom of the garden barking like mad and not having a clue where the cat has gone as he has made so much noise at the back door that the cat has long gone.  At least he does a fairly good job of keeping the cats out of the garden - not that I have anything against cats, but I just prefer them not to use my garden as one of their giant litter trays.

Max and I enjoyed a lovely walk through Plymbridge this morning and as you can see he needed to rest after the exertion.



11 comments:

Kim said...

I only just made it too!! Ah well - better late than never eh?! Love that Union Jack tin on your desk. Max looks very comfortable there! Happy WOYWW Kim - #155

Karen said...

How sweet is Max, bless. Cats are not supposed to use your garden if there is a resident cat, but they do ours! Happy WOYWW. Karen 87x

Monica said...

It is only % >12 pm here in Texas and I am working backwards through the list. you should use the stash as it will never be part of your eternity.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Linda - ah space and stash always seems to be a conflict doesn't there - hope you find a solution and thanks fr your chair photo:D
Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #17

Janene McAnally said...

I do hope that your craft desk does find a home/area for you to be able to work on.Sometimes it is hard to get to the craft desk and do something lol. I have mine just off the lounge room so that I am still a part of things, and not feel guilty for art journaling lol! Happy WOYWW.
Janene #47

Heather Alger said...

Max looks so content :)
Sounds like you have had a busy week with DIY projects etc...
Have a Great week Happy WOYWW Heather #59

Julie said...

Your fisherman project is going to be lovely, is it for hubby? does he fish?

Awww Max looks so cosy and comfy on HIS chair lol.

MaggieC said...

I posted early but I got delayed when it came to commenting. I love your resolve to work on at least one project each day. I need to do something like that as I have one large and one small cross stitch project on frames at the moment. I must get my chair and frame set up again and get busy. I do like the look of the one you are showing us. Hope you enjoy it and get it finished soon. xx Maggie #37

mamapez5 said...

I do like your fishy stitching. that will be great when it is finished. good for you to set some targets. I hope you manage to achieve them.
it must be hard to have you stash separated in cupboards around the house. I the desk finds a new home soon. Kate x #57

Anne said...

Hi Linda I am very late visiting this week. My desk came out of the bedroom and sold it on eBay. Was sad to see it go but prefer bedroom without it. Still got my little one in dining room plus dining table. Finding storage for stash is major problem. Have had good sort out though.
Love all the cross stitching. Lv Anne x

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's okay if your late, I'm even later with my visits! Your Max story about the cats was well done, Linda! I could just picture it. He looks might comfy in that chair!

Good luck with the rearranging of your craft stuff, and/or sales, and/or useage! Good job on the stitching!

Thanks for your visit at my place! I'll see you in a couple of weeks. xxoo Darnell