Followers

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Stocking update

DSCF1952 I didn't get round to posting an updated photo of the stocking SAL last Friday but here is where I had got to by the end of Friday 15th March.  I know I've said it before but I really look forward to working on this every Friday with the 'company' of my fellow SAL participants.  There is a list of who is taking part in my side bar - do check them out and give them some moral support.

DSCF1958DH was out this Friday evening so I had an uninterrupted evening of stitching and managed to get quite a bit of Santa's face completed along with more of the sky background.  I have to confess I don't like it when I have to stitch white on white as I am always convinced that I will miss a stitch.  So this is where it was left this Friday.  With it being Good Friday next week and not having to go into work I am hoping I can make it all the way up to the blue line at the top.  There are a few more rows above that blue line to be completed and that is where the name will go so I am very optomistic that I will get the top half of the stocking completed by mid April.

The rain that we have had for the past couple of days in the west of the country has come to a stop for the time being but it has still been a very grey day with a bitterly cold wind.  I have just got back from taking Max for a walk along with my MIL and it has certainly blown away the cobwebs!

This morning was spent stash sorting yet again - I'm gradually managing to get the craft stash that overflowed upstairs back downstairs and into some sort of order - it's frightening to see just how much I have acquired over the years though.

A new series of Foyles War to look forward to tonight on the TV - will watch that and also work on Red Riding Hood I think while tucked up snug and warm in the living room.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Your stocking is growing beautifully Linda. Have to confess I didn't stitch on mine this week, have said why on my blog lol.

cucki said...

Sweet stitching x

catherine said...

Such brilliant progress with your stocking Linda. I feel so bad that I asked to join you and just haven't managed to start yet. There's still time before xmas but I will still keep up with your progress. still trying to dig myself out of the snow at the moment(LOL)!!!
x catherine