Followers

Saturday, 23 March 2013

Something other than stitching

DSCF1953 Today I was able to spend the day with the lovely ladies at the Exeter Scrapaholix group and it was another fun day.  It's the first time in a couple of months that I have created any layouts.  I had no idea what I was going to come up with as my printer had run out of ink so just grabbed some photos that I've had printed out for some time and kept my fingers crossed that I could come up with something.  Luckily for me last months kit from Scrapaholics proved to work perfectly with the photos I have carried backwards and forwards with me for months.

DSCF1955
This photo is one of our favourites of our gorgeous daughter Colette and her husband Tim on their wedding day back in October 2011.  The kit comprised of two pieces of neutral cardstock along with a red and a pink piece of card.  There was also a piece of double sided cardstock and the side I chose to use for this photo also had some lovely sparkly glitter on it. A piece of beautiful embossed cardstock which I used on another LO was also in the kit.  Some flowers and some what I can only describe as bendy twine which for this layout I used three pieces and plaited them and then made my decorative embellishment with them 

DSCF1954
I've also used a Martha Stewart punch to create the top and bottom borders also SU's Build a Bird punch and mini heart punch.  I used the other side of the glittery paper for the wings and the heart.  I'm probably going to add some gem swirls for a little bit more sparkle but at the moment they are in a box somewhere on the landing with my overflow of craft stash that is still waiting to be re-homed in craft units downstairs!  I had a lot of fun putting this LO together and hope you like it too.



5 comments:

Anne said...

Your page is lovely Linda and of course your daughter is beautiful. Anne x

Fran said...

HI Linda, It was really great to catch up with you again today in Exeter. Thought the LO you did of your daughter was wonderful x x

catherine said...

It looks fantastic Linda and lovely colours. I keep thinking I must do some more of this before I forget who people are in my photos!!!. Great job and hope the weather isn't causing you too many problems
x catherine

Karen K said...

Lovely Linda truly beautiful k x

Julie said...

Gorgeous picture of the happy couple, you enhanced tit beautifully to make a fabulous page.