Followers

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Key

DSCF1910 With one of the Cross Stitcher magazines the free gift was a set of self cover buttons and a little booklet containing small stitch designs.  The photo prompt for today is KEY and I found in the little book of small stitch designs a key pattern.  It took no time at all to stitch the key and complete my first ever stitched button.  I thought of adding it to a rosette and using it for an 18th or 21st birthday card design.  By stitching this I have also managed to complete my third day of March's Theme-a-licious of stitching on something different every day.

I didn't quite get the Easter project finished last night so now that the few household chores I had have been completed I'm going to sit down and carry on with that this afternoon.  It's grey, cold and miserable outside and my cold is showing no signs of disappearing so it's a good excuse to stay indoors and craft again!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great idea - a personal and handmade gift, a rosette would be lovely. So nice to have a project that's so quick to see a result from, isn't it? XX

Anne said...

It's lovely and I like your idea to put it on a special card. Anne x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabby free gift, the key you stitched looks lovely on the button. I love self-cover buttons they finish a project so beautifully. Great idea to add you button to a rosette for a special card or project.

Sorry to hear your germies are still there, mine are too :o( hope they all disappear very soon. Feeling a little better today, but have had a bad week - not even felt up to doing any crafting !

luv
wynneth
x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Stop it, how adorable are cross-stitched buttons?! These are the best, Linda! I hope your cold is all gone soon!!

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Get well soon dear friend

k x

Julie said...

Very useful free gift, great little design you stitched for it.

Emma/Itzy said...

These buttons are so cute, I just have to find something to use them for :) hehe