Followers

Friday, 8 March 2013

Favourite

DSCF1930 Apologies for the blurry photo but it was done in a bit of a hurry!  The photo prompt for today is FAVOURITE and the conservatory is my favourite room in our house - especially in the Spring and Autumn months.  The light is just perfect for stitching and during Spring and Autumn the temperature is just wonderful for just lazing around and crafting.  I also like it during the Summer but it can get a bit too hot even with the doors and windows open - even for me at times.  Winter is not so good as at the moment we haven't got permanent heating in there but that is something we hope to remedy this year.  There is also no overhead lighting but that doesn't bother me as I'm happy to sit in there with the lamp and candles on watching TV or reading a book.

DSCF1932
I didn't quite get the Santa completed last night but I only have the small Christmas tree he is carrying in his sack to do - hopefully I will get that done over the weekend.  Today is is the stocking SAL but before I do that I need to work on my 8th piece for the month.  I only want to take an hours stitching time away from my SAL so have decided to have a go at this small piece of stitching which I will use at some stage to decorate a honey jar and give to someone as a gift.  I'm using up some of the linen that was leftover from the months of the year and threads from my stash.  We'll see how far I get on this one. 

Tomorrow I will do a weekly round up of all the stitching projects I have done this week so you can see how they progressed.


4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Bags I the chair in the corner with the blue cushion. It looks ever so comfy!!! Would love to have a conservatory but the pitch of our house roof prohibits one. Yours looks lovely and airy. hugs mrs A.

Jill said...

I agree Linda, your conservatory is a lovely room, wish I had room here to build one! Jill x

catherine said...

Great photo Linda and it certainly looks a great place for relaxing and stitching in
x catherine

Julie said...

Your conservatory looks so comfy and inviting, i love sitting in mine too in the warmer weather.